CENTURY 21 King's Quay Real Estate Inc., Brokerage*
- 416-250-0032 ext TorontoLin
- 401-7300 Warden Avenue
Markham, ON L3R 9Z6
The Real Estate Market according to Mercer for February 2017
Welcome to my Website
Become part of the Canadian Dream
I belong to a network of over 140,000 professionals who take pride in what they do and specialize in providing a variety of superior real estate services to local communities around the world. Understanding your personal goals and needs is at the heart of my dedication to you. I look forward to discussing your real estate needs with you. Taking care of your real estate business is my profession.
CENTURY 21® is the most recognized name in Real Estate today. For over 35 years our family of independently owned and operated companies world wide have been committed to outstanding service. CENTURY 21: The Gold Standard.
Hence, do yourself a favour, and use the opportunity to CONTACT ME to represent you professionally on your next real estate transactions in order to save you time and money as well as send you my FREE Newsletter.
- To serve and provide you with the most up-to-date market information which will assist you in setting a realistic goal for your interest.
- To strive to make the sale of your house and all the associated activities less stressful.
- To earn your trust and exceed your expectations with a professional service.
It is always a good idea to spruce up the exterior and the interior of your home before listing it for sale. But that does not mean you have to undertake major and / or expensive project. Just a little effort will greatly increase the perceive value of your home. After all, if you wanted to undertake a larger-scale project, you probably would not be selling.
Here are some simple steps you can take to increase the perceived value of your home and make a great first impression. Please check the videos and links in this page for further improvements to your property.
- Keep lawns cut
- Trim edges and shrubs
- Weed and edge gardens
- Clear driveway and clean up oil spills
- Clean out garages
- Power wash driveway
- Touch up paints
- Plant colorful, inexpensive flowers - in pots if necessary
At the Front Door Appearance
- Clean porch and foyer
- Ensure door bell works
- Repair any broken screens
- Fresh paint or varnish front door
- Repair door locks and key access
Create a Buying Mood
- Make sure your home smells fresh and clean
- Turn on all lights during showings
- Turn on air conditioner / heater
- Open the drapes during daytime
- Light the fireplace
- Clear halls and stairs of clutter
- Store surplus furniture
- Clean kitchen counter and stove top
- Clear closets of unnecessary clothing and stuff
- Remove empty boxes and containers
- Put away personal photos so buyers can envision the house as theirs.
- Repair leaking taps and toilets
- Clean furnace and filters
- Tighten door knobs and latches
- Repair cracked plaster
- Apply fresh coat of paint or a touch-up where necessary
- Clean and repair windows
- Repair seals around tubs and basins.
- Replace defective light bulbs
- Oil squeaking doors
- Repair squeaking floor boards
Miscellaneous Clean Jobs
- Clean and freshen bathrooms
- Clean fridges and stoves (in and out)
- Clean around heating vents
- Clean washers and dryers
- Clean carpets, drapes and window blinds
- Eliminate pet odors and stains
Value of Your Home
The single most important decision you will have to make is to set the right asking price for your property. You have to understand that today's Buyers are more educated and up-to-date about the market simply because the information about the recent sold properties and the latest market data are readily available. Determining the reasonable asking price for your property works for your advantage for a number of reasons including:
- Your home does not lose its marketability
- Other Realtors will be more enthusiastic showing a property priced right and close to the market value
- Your property will sell faster because it is exposed to more qualified buyers
- Proper pricing results to more activities
- More activities may lead to competing offers
- Competing offers would lead to MORE MONEY FOR YOU.
The opposite will be true for over-pricing a home. It is all about you whether you would like to be on the Solds' Side or on the Expired Listing Side.
Real Estate Forms
- Be pro-active. Reduce the chance of surprises and difficult renegotiations by having a professional inspector inspect prior to listing a home. In this manner you can close the deal cleanly and smoothly
- Know the details about your home from the professional detail home inspection report that you would get in order to share with your REALTOR® who will assist you in making an informed decision
- Minimize all the surprises that may come after a buyer appointed a home inspector to inspect your property.
Buying a Home
Buying a home can be the beginning of an exciting adventure. For you, like for many Canadians, it can represent one of the most important purchase decisions of your life.
No matter what type of housing you finally select, a sizeable portion of your earnings will eventually go into paying for it, so it's important to ensure that the home you choose both meets your needs and is a good "fit" with your financial situation.
That's where I can help. At Century 21, we have helped many Canadians, like yourself, to become home owners, one step at a time.
Hence, "Put the Power Work For You!", make the first move by contacting me to book an appointment for you. At the initial buyer interview, you would learn all the steps of buying your dream home.
Some of the Real Estate Standard Forms you may need to review before coming to the interview.
- Buyer Representation Agreement
- Buyer Customer Service Agreement
- Confirmation of Co-operation and Representation
- Agreement of Purchase and Sale
- Agreement of Purchase and Sale - Condominium Resale
Home Buyers Tax Credit
CENTURY 21® Awards* CENTURY 21 Awards Criteria
- 2012 - Masters Silver
- 2011 - Masters Ruby
- 2003 - Masters Ruby