Fire Safety Tips for the Home

I woke up this morning and I read the news, as I usually do, and I was bothered.  Has anyone else noticed the heightened amount of fires and carbon monoxide incidents around the city?

Outside of the news, I’ve seen several houses with recent fire damage, some major, all around the city.  I also saw a house on MLS that is foreclosed with fire damage.

So as my community service for the day, please remind yourself and implement safety precautions within your home.  Keep your family safe, keep your belongings safe, and keep your house investment safe.

In the house

  • Test your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
  • Check for overloaded or damaged extension cords
  • Check and clean filters above stove

Around the house

  • Check outdoor electrical outlets and other electrical appliances for animal nests and to ensure proper wiring

For more information, please visit

Nicole Lowe

Nicole Lowe

Sales Representative
CENTURY 21 Millennium Inc., Brokerage*
Contact Me