Pointe-Claire Real Estate Listings and Information
Pointe-Claire is a municipality located on the Island of Montreal in southwestern Quebec,Canada. As of 2006, it had a population of 30,161. On January 1, 2002, it, along with all other separate municipalities on the Island of Montreal were merged into the city of Montreal by the provincial government. On June 20, 2004, referendums were held in these recently merged cities to determine whether there was popular support to reinstate them as their own separate entities. As a result, Pointe-Claire was reinstated as a city on January 1, 2006.
Pointe-Claire is on the north shore of Lac St-Louis . It is bordered on the east by Dorval, on the north by Dollard-des-Ormeaux, and on the west by Kirkland and Beaconsfiled.
The city's symbol is the windmill located on the shoreline.
English-language schooling is provided by the Lester B Pearson School Board:
- Clearpoint (formerly Cedar Park) Elementary
- St. John Fisher Elementary
- John Rennie High School
- Lindsay Place High School
- St. Thomas High School
French-language schooling is provided by the Marguerite-Bourgeoys School Board:
- École primaire Marguerite-Bourgeoys
- École primaire Pointe-Claire
- École primaire Saint-Louis
- École secondaire Felix-Leclerc (formerly École secondaire Saint-Thomas and adjacent to Saint Thomas High School)
Fairview Your fashion centre