Are You A First Time Home Buyer & Have Graduate Retention Program Tax Credits?
So Saskatchewan has this awesome program that allows first time home buyers the possibility of receiving up to a $10,000 interest free loan towards their first home! Have you heard of the Graduate Retention Program - First Home Plan before? If not, you have to! Read below:
Through the First Home Plan, people in the Graduate Retention Program may be able to get an interest free $10,000 loan to use towards the purchase or their first home in Saskatchewan.
To be eligible you must:
- Be a resident (or will be) of Saskatchewan
- Have GRP tax credits available
- Be a first time home buyer
- Purchase either a single family home, semi-detached home, townhouse, mobile home, or condominium unit as their primary residence in Saskatchewan
See below photo for GRP Tax Credit & Loan Information
Other Important Information:
- Individuals receiving the First Home Plan loan are not eligible to claim the Saskatchewan First-Time Homebuyer's Tax Credit
- 2 individuals can combine their loans to put towards the down payment
- You must continue to be a Saskatchewan resident
- Must maintain ownership of the property
- You must occupy the home within 3 months of possession
- Must make annual payments to the loan
Noel Geremia --- Associate Broker
CENTURY 21 Dome Realty Inc.
4420 Albert Street
Regina, SK S4S 6B4
Personal Fax: 1-888-980-8231