Have you been thinking of making your home more energy efficient? Well you're in luck because the Government of Saskatchewan announced recently that it is renewing the Saskatchewan EnerGuide for Houses program. The new program will be in effect from April 1st, 2011 through October 31st, 2013.
To see the news release
The Saskatchewan EnerGuide for Houses (SEGH) program is made up of a series of inspections and grants for home improvements which lower energy costs, and your home’s impact on the environment. During the process you will be able to learn more about :
- Where your energy dollars go
- How your appliances use energy
- How your home's energy use compares to other homes
- Grants to help cover a portion of your retrofit expenses
- Reducing your energy bills
- Reducing your greenhouse gas emissions and help our environment
For more information, please visit SaskEnergy's website at http://www.saskenergy.com/saving_energy/energuide.asp.