Planning on selling your house? Here are a few tips to make your house stand up among other properties your potential clients are looking at:
• First and foremost, clean. It sounds simple, but a clean house always sells better. Keep lawns and hedges neatly trimmed, weed flower beds and maximize your curb appeal.
• Clean out your garage or carport to show its full size.
• Next, remove the clutter. You might like that ‘lived in’ feel, but the more potential buyers focus on your collection of Van Halen memorabilia, the less they notice the property. So put your stuff away or consider a storage unit.
• Make minor repairs. Replace cracked tiles, touch up places that need painting, fix door knobs, squeaky doors and cupboards and leaky faucets.
• Third, consider a professional home stager. If your place is empty, or lacks a bit in the decorating department, home stagers can make your place look like a spread from House & Home in no time. Statistics tell us that the homes that show the best sell faster and for more money.
• Photographs. Good pictures get people interested and professional photos are the way to ensure your place looks it’s best. It’s also important to have accurate measurements and floor plans because for most buyers it’s never too early to start thinking about which way the couch is going to face.
• Clean again. Really. Keep doing it. It’s that important.
Contact me for more tips and advice!