On June 7, 2010 CENTURY 21 Canada launched a mobile web platform for users of popular hand held devices and smart phones, including Blackberry, iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Google Android phones to access property searches and so much more in the real estate world. Additional devices have been added as development continues.
The mobile website offers the following features:
• Mobile-device-optimized property search, real estate agent/office search and agent pages
• Proximity search, enabling users to find homes and offices near their current locations
• ‘Your Account’ functionality for consumers to view and save favourites:
- Ability to add properties and notes on the go
- ‘Favourites’ option to view properties and notes later at Century21.ca
• Full integration with Century21.ca website
- Main website will detect mobile devices and redirect the visitor to the mobile platform
- Visitors can switch between the mobile platform and full website
- Users of iPhones currently account for the majority of visits to Century21.ca from mobile devices, with iPods and Blackberry users coming in second and third, respectively. "Most of the approximately 900,000 monthly visits to Century21.ca still come from home computers," says CENTURY 21 Canada President Don Lawby, "But mobile search optimization is the future of online real estate marketing, in my opinion."
Alex Blyakhman, President and Chief Product Officer of WhereToLive.com – real estate SEO specialists who developed the platform exclusively for CENTURY 21 Canada – agrees. "Many smart phones today have search functionality equivalent to home computers. Their technology lets potential home buyers tour neighbourhoods, view properties, download pictures or videos and then share their favourites with friends anywhere in the world. As a marketer, your website had better provide a positive and problem-free experience for these users or they’ll go somewhere else."
All CENTURY 21 real estate professionals in Canada can now market listings and property features using the mobile website. The site is currently available in English, with French and Chinese platforms due for release in the summer of 2010.
About Century 21 Canada Limited Partnership
Century 21 Canada Limited Partnership (Century21.ca) is a real estate franchisor with exclusive rights to the CENTURY 21 Brand in Canada and provides comprehensive training, management, administrative and marketing support for the CENTURY 21 System. With more than 117,000 sales professionals in approximately 7,700 offices worldwide, the CENTURY 21 System is the world’s largest residential real estate sales organization, providing comprehensive training, management, administrative and marketing support for its members. As an exclusive Sponsor in the real estate category of the AIR MILES® Reward Program, only the CENTURY 21 organization in Canada can offer customers reward miles on real estate transactions.
Independently Owned and Operated. ® and TM are trade-marks of Century 21 Real Estate LLC, used under license.
Contact: Anne Williams, Public Relations Director, CENTURY 21 Canada, Vancouver, BC 604-606-2176. E-mail: email@example.com