Open House Blitz - C21 Canada
Our contest is now closed.
Congratulations to our four winners of 10,000 AIR MILES® Reward Miles!
Shirley (Gert) Saunders
(Goose Bay, NL)
"I plan to take some time to travel to visit
friends and family and to do some shopping!"
(Red Deer, AB)
"I have been dreaming of going to Europe and have been
saving for a while to do so"
"Wahoo! I'm going to Mexico!"
Thank you! Bring on the sun!
"This prize will also come in handy since Christmas is around the corner and I will be able to purchase some gifts."
Thanks to all who entered!
Official Contest Rules and Regulations (hereinafter: the “Contest Rules”)
This Contest is only open to residents of Canada and is governed by Canadian law.
1. The C21 Open House Blitz (hereinafter: the “Contest”) is held by Century 21 Canada Limited Partnership, 1199 West Pender St., Suite 700, Vancouver BC, V6E 2R1 (hereinafter: the “Organizer”). The Contest will start on September 16, 2016 at 6:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (hereinafter: “PST”) and closes on October 16, 2016 at 9:00 p.m. PST (hereinafter: the “Contest Period”).
2. This Contest is open to all residents of Canada, who have reached the age of majority in their Province or Territory of residence at the time of entry, except (i) employees, representatives and agents of the Organizer, the Charlwood Pacific Group or any of their affiliates (hereinafter: “C21 Group”); (ii) franchisees of the Organizer and all employees, agents and representatives of such franchisees; (iii) employees, agents and representatives of any advertising or promotional agency providing services to the C21 Group and the suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this Contest, and (iv) immediate family members (father, mother, brothers, sisters, children), legal or common law spouse and anyone residing with any of the persons listed in (i), (ii), (iii) and (iv) above.
3. To be able to receive one of the grand prizes (as defined in paragraph 6), entrants must be: members in good standing of the AIR MILES®† Reward Program. If an entrant is not a member of the AIR MILES®† Reward Program, he/she must enroll at https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/EnrollmentAllStep0?changeLocale=en_CA. There is no cost to enroll in the AIR MILES®† Reward Program. By enrolling, the entrant agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions of the AIR MILES®† Reward Program, which may be amended from time to time.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
4. No purchase necessary. To enter, the entrant must visit a participating open house organized by the Organizer during the advertised visiting hours during the Contest Period (hereinafter: the Open House) and completely and properly fill in the sign-in sheet that will be available at the Open House before the end of the Contest Period. By registering, each entrant fully and unconditionally accepts to be bound by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the Organizer or its representatives. The awarding of a prize is conditional upon the selected entrant satisfying all the requirements mentioned in these Contest Rules.
5. There is a limit of one (1) entry per open house attended during the Contest Period.
6. There are four (4) grand prizes (hereinafter: the “Grand Prize(s)”) to be awarded.
Each Grand Prize consists of 10,000 AIR MILES®† Reward Miles. The approximate retail value of Miles depends on the chosen method of use, available reward options at the time of use, and the set preference between AIR MILES®† Cash and AIR MILES®† Dream balances. The following values are provided on an indicative basis only, based on the best available public information at the time of the launch of the Contest, to the Organizer’s knowledge. If used with AIR MILES®† Cash, 95 Miles can be redeemed in-store for $10 towards purchases at participating AIR MILES®† Partners or 95 Miles can be used online for eVouchers for $10 worth of value at participating Reward Partners. In these examples, the approximate retail value of each Grand Prize would be $1,052.63.
If Miles are used for flights (1,200 Miles minimum required), value depends on destination chosen, date of travel and use of multiple carriers or suppliers. For example, one return economy flight from Toronto, Ontario to Winnipeg, Manitoba is 2,000 Miles and has an approximate value of $525.00, excluding taxes. Winner must pay applicable taxes, related transportation fees, governmental levies, excess baggage and other non-ticket costs. The value of Miles used for non-flight reward options depends on reward options in effect at the time of redemption. Miles are subject to the terms and conditions of the AIR MILES®† Reward Program as amended from time to time. AIR MILES®† Reward Miles are not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded.
7. The Grand Prizes will be attributed by random computer-generated draw from all eligible entries received. The draw will be held on October 26, 2016 at noon PST at 1199 West Pender St., Suite 700, Vancouver BC, V6E 2R1.
8. In the event that a selected entrant is not declared a winner for any reason (including but not limited to if a selected entrant is deemed ineligible, disqualified or has not complied with the terms of the Contest Rules to claim his/her prize), the Organizer reserves the right in its sole discretion to randomly select further entrants from the remaining eligible entries until a winner is finally declared.
9. The names of the winners will be posted on www.century21.ca no later than November 23, 2016.
ODDS OF WINNING
10. The odds of being selected depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
HOW TO CLAIM PRIZE
11. In order to be declared a winner and receive his/her prize, a selected entrant will have to:
a) Be reached by phone or email (using the email address provided by the entrant on the entry form) and acknowledge receipt of said selection notification email within thirty-six (36) hours from the date of receipt;
b) Correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, a time limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone;
c) Sign and return to the Organizer within two (2) days from the date of receipt a standard declaration and release form (hereinafter: the “Declaration Form”) confirming compliance with the Contest Rules, acceptance of the prize as awarded, agreement not to defame or publish negative or disparaging comments regarding the Contest, the C21 Group or the suppliers of prizes, materials and services related to the Contest, and releasing the Organizer, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives including advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this Contest from all liability relating to the Contest; and
d) Provide a valid AIR MILES®† Collector Number at the same time as returning the Declaration Form.
12. Impossibility to reach a selected entrant by email, return of prize notification email as undeliverable, failure to correctly answer the skill-testing question in the prescribed delay, failure to respond to the Organizer’s notification within the above prescribed delay, failure to return a signed copy of the Declaration Form within the above prescribed delays and, failure to provide a valid AIR MILES® Collector Number within the prescribed delay will result in disqualification of the selected entrant and forfeiture of his/her right to a prize.
13. The selected entrant who is declared a winner will be contacted within two (2) days following the receipt by the Organizer of their duly signed copy of the Declaration Form.
14. The Grand Prizes will be posted to the winners’ Collector Account within two (2) weeks following return of a duly completed Declaration Form. If any prize is returned it will not be awarded again.
15. If an entrant fails to comply with any of the terms and conditions of these Contest Rules, his/her random selection will be declared null and void and his/her right to a prize will be forfeited.
16. The refusal of a selected entrant to accept a prize or any part thereof as provided herein releases the Organizer from any obligation related to the prize or any part thereof.
17. Entries are subject to verification by the Organizer or its representatives. Entries made with multiple email addresses, under multiple identities or through the use of any device or artifice to enter multiple times will be deemed invalid and null. Entries which are incomplete, fraudulent, submitted late, that do not bear the correct contact information or that are otherwise not in compliance with the Contest Rules, will be automatically rejected and will not entitle the subject selected entrants to a prize.
18. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any person or cancel the entry of any person participating in this Contest or trying to participate by means contrary to these Contest Rules or in a manner which is unfair to the other entrants (e.g. entries exceeding participation limits, etc.). Moreover, prior to awarding a prize, the Organizer will make appropriate verifications. If such verifications reveal that a selected entrant has not complied with the Contest Rules, that person will be disqualified and will not be entitled to receive the prize. Such persons may be referred to the appropriate judicial authorities.
19. A prize must be accepted as described in the present Contest Rules and cannot be substituted for another prize or exchanged in whole or in part for money. A prize can, however, be transferred to another person with written permission from the winner. In the event where, for reasons not related to the winner, the Organizer cannot award a prize as described in these Contest Rules, it reserves the right to award a prize of the same nature and of equivalent or greater value or, at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize mentioned in these Contest Rules.
20. By participating, each entrant agrees: (a) to be bound by these Contest Rules and by the decisions of the Organizer, (b) to permit the Organizer to use his/her name, photograph, image, likeness, declarations related to the prize or Contest, city of residence and/or voice for publicity purposes in any media, in any language, anywhere in the world, for an unlimited period of time, without any further compensation, (c) if he/she is selected to win one of the Grand Prizes, to permit the Organizer to film and photograph him/her outside or inside a CENTURY 21 office accepting the prize from a CENTURY 21 representative, and to permit the Organizer to use said video footage and photographs for publicity purposes in any media, in any language, anywhere in the world, for an unlimited period of time, without any further compensation, and (d) the selected entrant further agrees to sign and return to the Organizer a Declaration Form to this effect.
21. Any person who participates or attempts to participate in the Contest releases the Organizer, LoyaltyOne, Co., their affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives including advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this Contest from any and all liability and any injuries, loss, damages, claims of any kind resulting from or arising from participation in the Contest or acceptance, use or misuse of the prizes.
22. The Organizer does not in any way guarantee that the Open House will be accessible without interruption during the advertised visiting hours throughout the Contest Period.
23. The Organizer, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives including advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this Contest disclaim all liability for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof, any error or for late, lost, stolen, illegible communications between entrants and Organizer.
24. The Organizer reserves the right, at its discretion, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including for tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other cause beyond the control of Organizer which in the opinion of Organizer affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest. The Organizer, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives including advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this Contest cannot be held responsible to award more prizes than what is specified in these Contest Rules or award the prize otherwise than in compliance with these Contest Rules.
25. All decisions of the Organizer or those of its representatives regarding this Contest are final and binding, subject to any decision by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec in relation to matters under its jurisdiction.
26. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the entrant will be deemed to be the person identified on the open house sign-in sheet.
27. For Québec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
28. Unless otherwise specified, all amounts mentioned in the Contest Rules are in Canadian Dollars.
29. No communication or correspondence related to this Contest shall be exchanged with entrants except as provided for in the present Contest Rules or at the Organizer’s initiative.
30. If a section of the Contest Rules is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that section shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected sections will be applied within the limits of the law.
31. In case of any discrepancy between the French and English versions of these Contest Rules, the English version shall prevail.
32. This contest is managed by Century 21 Canada Limited Partnership. LoyaltyOne, Co., is in no way connected to the management of the Contest, and the Organizer is not an agent of LoyaltyOne, Co.
33. Please direct any questions, comments regarding the Contest to Century 21 Canada Limited Partnership, 1199 West Pender St., Suite 700, Vancouver BC, V6E 2R1.
®† /™†Trademarks of AIR MILES International Trading B.V. Used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Century 21 Canada Limited Partnership.