Thinking that the holidays are not a great time to sell your home? Think again. Homebuyers need to purchase homes all year long, and there are some real advantages to placing your home on the market during the holiday season. Here are the top ten benefits:
- People who look at properties during the holidays are serious buyers and are more ready to make a decision.
- Serious buyers have fewer homes to choose from during the holidays, meaning less competition and more for you.
- House “shows better” when decorated for the holidays with the wonderful light and festive colors associated with the season.
- Buyers are more emotional during the holidays and often base their decision on the warmth and good feeling they receive when viewing your home.
- Buyers have more time to look for a new home during the holidays because they have designated time off from work.
- Many people want to buy before the end of the year for financial and tax reasons.
- January is traditionally for transfers. Transferees can’t wait until the spring to buy. Your property must be on the market to capture these buyers.
- You may restrict showings during your own personal family events and still take advantage of your spruced up and decorated “show ready” property.
- You can sell now, but specify a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year if you so desire and if agreeable to the other party.
- By selling now you have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the spring, when more properties are on the market at lower prices. Sell high – buy low.
Call the CENTURY 21 Pace Home Selling Team today to discuss our pro-active marketing plan and to have an opportunity to know a little more about our team, our beliefs and the step-by-step pro-active marketing plan we use to get homes sold in the shortest time possible.
We look forward to the opportunity to serve your real estate needs!