Construction work, April 22–April 26
Released by VIVA next April 19, 2013
The following lane closures and construction work is scheduled to take place this weekend and next week on Highway 7 at the intersections of the north and south side streets indicated below. Please be advised that there may be noise impacts from this work. Dates are indicated when they have been confirmed. There are some pedestrian detours in effect—please look for wayfinding signage.
Lane closures from Bayview Avenue to Highway 404:
- Bayview Avenue [weekend]: Work on south and north towers may have noise impacts, Saturday, April 20, from 7am–5pm.
- Bayview Avenue to Highway 404: Multiple lane closures, April 22–26, from 7am–5pm.
- Saddlecreek Drive to West Beaver Creek Road: Small sections of eastbound and westbound centre lanes will be closed for short durations, April 22–26, from 9:30am–5pm. Traffic may be reduced to one lane.
- Leslie Street: Northbound left turn lane and southbound right turn lane at Highway 7 are closed, until April 26, from 9:30am–3:30pm.
- Commerce Valley Drive East: Eastbound curb lane closed daily from 9:30am–3:30pm until May 3. Northbound left turn lane and right turn lane at Highway 7 closed daily from 9:30am–3:30pm until April 26.
- East Beaver Creek Road: Westbound curb lane closed daily from 9:30am–3:30pm until April 26.
Lane closures from Highway 404 to Warden Avenue:
- Highway 404 Ramp at Highway 7 [weeknight]: Nightly lane closures until April 26, from 9pm–7am. Please be advised of noise impacts.
- Highway 404 Ramp to Warden Avenue: Multiple lane closures, April 22–26, from 9:30am–5:30pm, traffic will be heavier than usual.
- Woodbine Avenue [weekend]: Second driveway east of Woodbine from Highway 7 will be closed, Saturday, April 20, from 7am–5pm.
- Town Centre Boulevard [weeknight]: Nightly lane closures until May 17, from 7pm to 6am, on the west side of the intersection of Highway 7 and Town Centre Boulevard. Intermittent lane closures will occur at the intersection and police officers will be on site to direct traffic, when required. Please be advised of vibration and noise impacts.
- Courtyard Lane: Eastbound and westbound lane closures, April 22–26, from 9:30am–5:30pm. Traffic will be reduced to one lane at this intersection.
- Warden Avenue: Southbound curb lane closed between Highway 407 and Cedarland Drive until May 31, from 9:30am–3:30pm.
Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns. To learn more about the project, please visit vivanext.com.
Community Liaison Specialist
Please note: As with all construction projects, some of the work will have noise impacts. In addition, work may be rescheduled due to weather and other variables. We are committed to providing advance notice whenever possible.