Open House BLITZ!
Visit my open house from
May 2-31, sign in, & you could WIN!*
Stop by a participating C21 open house from May 2-31, sign in, and you’ll be entered for a chance to win an epic home theatre or 1 of 5 regional prizes of 5,000 AIR MILES® Reward Miles1 (enough for a round-trip flight in Canada2).
The home theatre system includes:
• A 50” Panasonic VIERA Full HD Smart LED TV
• Bose® Lifestyle® SoundTouch® Entertainment System
Call Parham to Get Started!
C21® Canada Open House Blitz
Official Contest Rules and Regulations (hereinafter: the “Contest Rules”)
This Contest is only open to residents of Canada and is governed by Canadian law.
1. The C21 Canada Open House Blitz (hereinafter: the “Contest”) is held by Century 21 Canada Limited Partnership, 1199 West Pender St., Suite 700, Vancouver BC, V6E 2R1 (hereinafter: the “Organizer”). The Contest will start on May 2, 2016 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time (hereinafter: “PST”) and closes on May 31, 2016 at 2:00 p.m. PST (hereinafter: the “Contest Period”).
2. This Contest is open to all residents of Canada, who have reached the age of majority in their Province or Territory of residence at the time of entry, except (i) employees, representatives and agents of the Organizer, the Charlwood Pacific Group or any of their affiliates (hereinafter: “C21 Group”); (ii) franchisees of the Organizer and all employees, agents and representatives of such franchisees; (iii) employees, agents and representatives of any advertising or promotional agency providing services to the C21 Group and the suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this Contest, and (iv) immediate family members (father, mother, brothers, sisters, children), legal or common law spouse and anyone residing with any of the persons listed in (i), (ii) and(iii) above.
3. To be able to receive a Regional Prize (as defined in paragraphs 6 and 7), entrants must be an AIR MILES®† Collector. If an entrant is not an AIR MILES Collector, he/she may enroll in the AIR MILES Reward Program by visiting airmiles.ca. By enrolling to become an AIR MILES Collector you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the AIR MILES Reward Program as amended from time to time.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
4. No purchase necessary. To enter, the entrant must visit a participating open house organized by the Organizer during the advertised visiting hours during the Contest Period (hereinafter: the Open House) and completely and properly fill in the sign-in sheet that will be available at the Open House before the end of the Contest Period. By registering, each entrant fully and unconditionally accepts to be bound by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the Organizer or its representatives. The awarding of a prize is conditional upon the selected entrant satisfying all the requirements mentioned in these Contest Rules.
5. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person during the Contest Period.
6. There is one (1) grand prize (hereinafter: the “Grand Prize”) and five (5) regional prizes (hereinafter: the “Regional Prizes”) to be awarded.
The Grand Prize consists of the following items:
•Panasonic 50” VIERA Full HD Smart LED TV, having the approximate retail value of $999.99, and
•Bose® Lifestyle® SoundTouch® 535 Entertainment System, having the approximate retail value of $3,499.95.
The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is $4,499.94.
7. Each Regional Prize consists of 5,000 AIR MILES Reward Miles. The approximate retail value of AIR MILES reward miles depends on the chosen method of redemption, available reward options at the time of redemption, and the set preference between AIR MILES Cash and AIR MILES Dream Account balances. If redeemed with AIR MILES Cash, 95 reward miles can be redeemed in-store for $10 towards purchases at participating AIR MILES Sponsors or 95 reward miles can be redeemed online for eVouchers for $10 worth of value at participating Reward Partners. In this example, the approximate retail value of each Regional Prize would be $526.32.
If redeemed for flights (1,200 reward miles minimum required for flight redemption), value depends on destination chosen, date of travel and use of multiple carriers or suppliers. For example, one return economy flight from Toronto, Ontario to Winnipeg, Manitoba is 2,000 AIR MILES reward miles and has an approximate value of $525.00 (Canadian), excluding taxes. Winner must pay applicable taxes, related transportation fees, governmental levies, excess baggage and other non-ticket costs. The value of AIR MILES reward miles redeemed for non-flight reward options depends on reward options in effect at the time of redemption. AIR MILES reward miles are subject to the terms and conditions of the AIR MILES Reward Program as amended from time to time. AIR MILES reward miles prizes are not transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded. To ensure that winners receive their Prize in their preferred balance, each winner should ensure his/her balance preferences (Cash Miles balance and Dream Miles balance) are set as desired prior to the Prize being posted in his/her Collector Account.
8. The Grand Prize will be attributed by random computer-generated draw from all eligible entries received. The draw will be held on June 8, 2016 at noon PST at 1199 West Pender St., Suite 700, Vancouver BC, V6E 2R1.
9. Right after the draw of the Grand Prize, at the same location, each Regional Prize will be attributed by random computer-generated draw from the eligible entries submitted in the Open Houses organized in its corresponding Region (defined below). One Regional Prize will be awarded per Region, defined as follows:
a) Atlantic (Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island);
d) Interior (Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Nunavut, Northwest Territories);
e) Western (Alberta, British Columbia, Yukon)
(each one of the elements mentioned at a) to e), hereinafter: a “Region”)
For example, the Regional Prize associated with the Ontario Region will be attributed by random computer-generated draw from the eligible entries submitted in the Open Houses organized in Ontario. The same applies to every Region.
10. In the event that a selected entrant is not declared a winner for any reason (including but not limited to if a selected entrant is deemed ineligible, disqualified or has not complied with the terms of the Contest Rules to claim his/her prize), the Organizer reserves the right in its sole discretion to randomly select further entrants from the remaining eligible entries until a winner is finally declared.
11. The names of the winners will be posted on www.century21.ca by June 15, 2016.
ODDS OF WINNING
12. The odds of being selected depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
HOW TO CLAIM PRIZE
13. In order to be declared a winner and receive his/her prize, a selected entrant will have to:
a) Be reached by email (using the email address provided by the entrant on the sign-in sheet) and acknowledge receipt of said selection notification email within thirty-six (36) hours from the date of receipt;
b) Correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, a time limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone;
c) Sign and return to the Organizer within two (2) days from the date of receipt a standard declaration and release form (hereinafter: the “Declaration Form”) confirming compliance with the Contest Rules, acceptance of the prize as awarded, agreement not to defame or publish negative or disparaging comments regarding the Contest, the C21 Group or the suppliers of prizes, materials and services related to the Contest, and releasing the Organizer, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives including advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this Contest from all liability relating to the Contest; and
d) In the case of the Regional Prize, provide a valid AIR MILES® Collector Number at the same time as returning the Declaration Form.
14. Impossibility to reach a selected entrant by email, return of prize notification email as undeliverable, failure to correctly answer the skill-testing question in the prescribed delay, failure to respond to the Organizer’s notification within the above prescribed delay, failure to return a signed copy of the Declaration Form within the above prescribed delays and, if the entrant has been selected for a Regional Prize, failure to provide a valid AIR MILES® Collector Number within the prescribed delay will result in disqualification of the selected entrant and forfeiture of his/her right to a prize.
15. The selected entrant who is declared a winner will be contacted within two (2) days following the receipt by the Organizer of their duly signed copy of the Declaration Form.
16. The Grand Prize will be delivered to the winner using the address that the selected entrant will provide when reached by telephone or email, and will be sent within ten (10) business days following return of a duly completed Declaration Form. The Regional Prizes will be posted directly into the AIR MILES® Collector Account of the confirmed winners within two (2) weeks following return of a duly completed Declaration Form. To ensure that the winner receives the Prize in his or her preferred balance, winner should ensure his or her balance preferences (AIR MILES Cash balance and AIR MILES Dream balance) are set as desired prior to the Prize being posted in his/her Collector Account.
17. If an entrant fails to comply with any of the terms and conditions of these Contest Rules, his/her random selection will be declared null and void and his/her right to a prize will be forfeited.
18. The refusal of a selected entrant to accept a prize or any part thereof as provided herein releases the Organizer from any obligation related to the prize or any part thereof.
19. Entries are subject to verification by the Organizer or its representatives. Entries made under multiple identities or through the use of any device or artifice to enter multiple times will be deemed invalid and null. Entries which are incomplete, fraudulent, submitted late, that do not bear the correct contact information or that are otherwise not in compliance with the Contest Rules, will be automatically rejected and will not entitle the subject selected entrants to a prize.
20. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any person or cancel the entry of any person participating in this Contest or trying to participate by means contrary to these Contest Rules or in a manner which is unfair to the other entrants (e.g. entries exceeding participation limits, etc.). Moreover, prior to awarding a prize, the Organizer will make appropriate verifications. If such verifications reveal that a selected entrant has not complied with the Contest Rules, that person will be disqualified and will not be entitled to receive the prize. Such persons may be referred to the appropriate judicial authorities.
21. A prize must be accepted as described in the present Contest Rules and cannot be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize or exchanged in whole or in part for money. However, in the event where, for reasons not related to the winner, the Organizer cannot award a prize as described in these Contest Rules, it reserves the right to award a prize of the same nature and of equivalent or greater value or, at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize mentioned in these Contest Rules.
22. By participating, each entrant agrees: (a) to be bound by these Contest Rules and by the decisions of the Organizer, (b) to permit the Organizer to use his/her name, photograph, image, likeness, declarations related to the prize or Contest, city of residence and/or voice for publicity purposes in any media, in any language, anywhere in the world, for an unlimited period of time, without any further compensation, (c) without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if he/she is selected to win one of the prizes, to permit the Organizer to film and photograph him/her outside or inside a CENTURY 21 office accepting the prize from a CENTURY 21 representative, and to permit the Organizer to use said video footage and photographs for publicity purposes in any media, in any language, anywhere in the world, for an unlimited period of time, without any further compensation, and (d) the selected entrant further agrees to sign and return to the Organizer a Declaration Form to this effect.
23. Any person who participates or attempts to participate in the Contest releases the Organizer, LoyaltyOne, Co., their affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives including advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this Contest from any and all liability and any injuries, loss, damages, claims of any kind resulting from or arising from participation in the Contest or acceptance, use or misuse of the prizes.
24. The Organizer does not in any way guarantee that the Open House will be accessible without interruption during the advertised visiting hours throughout the Contest Period.
25. The Organizer, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives including advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this Contest disclaim all liability for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof, any error or for late, lost, stolen, illegible communications between entrants and Organizer.
26. The Organizer reserves the right, at its discretion, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec in Québec, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including for tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other cause beyond the control of Organizer which in the opinion of Organizer affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest. The Organizer, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives including advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this Contest cannot be held responsible to award more prizes than what is specified in these Contest Rules or award the prize otherwise than in compliance with these Contest Rules.
27. All decisions of the Organizer or those of its representatives regarding this Contest are final and binding, subject to any decision by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec in relation to matters under its jurisdiction.
28. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the entrant will be deemed to be the person identified on the sign-in sheet.
29. For Québec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to theRégie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
30. Unless otherwise specified, all amounts mentioned in the Contest Rules are in Canadian Dollars and do not include applicable taxes.
31. No communication or correspondence related to this Contest shall be exchanged with entrants except as provided for in the present Contest Rules or at the Organizer’s initiative.
32. If a section of the Contest Rules is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that section shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected sections will be applied within the limits of the law.
33. In case of any discrepancy between the French and English versions of these Contest Rules, the English version shall prevail.
34. This contest is managed by Century 21 Canada Limited Partnership. LoyaltyOne, Co. is in no way connected to the management of the Contest, and the Organizer is not an agent of LoyaltyOne, Co.
35. Please direct any questions, comments regarding the Contest to Century 21 Canada Limited Partnership, 1199 West Pender St., Suite 700, Vancouver BC, V6E 2R1.
36. ®† /™†Trademarks of AIR MILES International Trading B.V. Used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Century 21 Canada Limited Partnership.
2Flight example shown is for illustrative purposes only. Example represents the number of AIR MILES reward miles required during low season of Jan 8 – Feb 28; Apr 1 – May 31; Sept 16 – Dec 15. The required number of reward miles is determined by the departure date. Reward miles required are the “starting from” rates for round-trip travel in economy class per traveler. All Rewards offered are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the AIR MILES Reward Program, are subject to change and may be withdrawn without notice. To use your Miles for Travel Rewards, you must have accumulated sufficient Dream Miles in your Collector Account. Some restrictions may apply. Quantities may be limited. Collectors must pay applicable surcharges, fees, and taxes on air travel Rewards. Travel Rewards may be subject to a minimum advance booking and availability from participating Reward Partners. For complete details, see current Program Terms and Conditions available at airmiles.ca or the AIR MILES Customer Care Centre at 1-888-AIR MILES (in Toronto (416) 226-5171).