May 18, 2012
There’s lots to do in the GTA on Victoria Day but here’s what you need to know about what’s open and closed during the holiday.
• All schools, banks, libraries, government offices and most grocery stores will be closed Monday. There will be no mail delivery.
• GO and TTC buses will run on a holiday schedule.
• All Beer Store and LCBO locations will be closed. Some LCBO agency stores in smaller communities may be open.
• The Royal Ontario Museum, Toronto Zoo, Canada’s Wonderland and Ontario Science Centre will be open. The Art Gallery of Ontario will be closed.
• Eaton Centre, Square One and Vaughan Mills will be open. Yorkdale Mall and Sherway Gardens will be closed.
• The Walk with Israel march runs from about 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday. The walk takes place mostly on the sidewalk throughout the downtown core. Streets west of Yonge St. near the Harbourfront may be congested.
• You can track road work closures on the City of Toronto website.
• Fireworks: Ashbridge’s Bay Park near Lake Shore Blvd. E. and Coxwell Ave. 9:30 p.m. Monday. Canada’s Wonderland plans a display starting at 10 p.m. Sunday, weather permitting. The show is included with park admission.