As an Professional Real Estate agent for Century21 Fusion-Saskatoon, serving Humboldt and area I hope the following information will help make your move easier.
Anyone who's made a move can tell you how much of a hassle it is.
Here is a list of moving to-dos to take some of the stress out of the process.
- To book a moving company or truck as early as possible (last week of the month is usually the busiest)
- If moving out of area make sure to let all the firms you deal with know asap so they can collect your records-here is a list to keep in mind:
- Doctors, dentists, orthodontists and optometrists
- Cable, telphone and Internet provider
- Utility companies such as gas, power and water
- Change addresses to all your documents is not only good practice, helps prevent identiry theft
- Health card, drivers license, vehicle ownership and insurance company
- Gym and library memberships
- Employer for personal records and paycheques
- Post office and banks
- Make arrangements about a week before your move date, call your service providers to schedule time to have your new house hooked up with everything you need
- Cable, telphone and Internet
- Gas, Power and water
- Check out this link if you prefer to schedule time on-line www/expressaddress.com
- Be sure to confirm with your moving or rental company
I am never to busy for referrals!