A few tips to protect your home from the spring melt:
- Remove snow from around your home's foundation. Pay particular attention to the areas around window wells
- Clear snow and ice from around the bottom of your downspouts and extend the downspouts at least two metres so that water drains away from your foundation
- Check eaves troughs and roofs for excess snow
- Consider using sandbags to block water from entering low lying areas beside your foundation
- Make sure your sump pump is in good working order.
For more tips or information check out the City of Humboldt post from March 6, 2015
If you are looking to Buy or Sell Real Estate in the City of Humboldt or surrounding areas please feel free to contact me. I would like to meet with you.