Tips for the spring thaw:
- Remove the snow from around the foundation of your home to a spot where it will drain away from your property
- Ensure your outside pipes are insulated and that your indoor pipes are getting sufficient access to heat to prevent freezing
- Know where your home's main water shut-off valve is in the event there is a leak or a pipe bursts
- Extend your downspouts and make sure your eaves and window wells are clean of debris
- Check the grading around your home to ensure water runs away from your foundation
- Check your sump pump to see if it is working and consider installing a backwater valve as additional security
- Check foundations for crack and fill them with suitable material to prevent water from entering
- Check your basement regularly for dampness and other signs of water
- Check your roof to ensure that there are no missing or worn shingles
- Consider installing a leakage detection system that will alert you when there is a water leak in your home
Hope you find these tips helpful.
Looking at Buying or Selling give me call.