So maybe you are thinking of selling your home soon, but your friends are telling you to wait until the spring time to take advantage of the spring market. After all, wouldn’t it be better to sell in a busy market rather than through the quieter winter months?
Here are a few reasons why you should consider selling your home now instead of waiting until the spring.
- People buy and sell homes all throughout the year. Not listing your home now could mean you are losing out on potential buyers who are looking to buy a home right away.
- Due to the colder weather and occasional snow storms, you may get fewer casual (less serious) buyers wanting to view your home. Buyers who are braving bad weather tend to be more serious buyers.
- There are fewer homes on the market, which means less competition for you.
If you have decided you are ready to sell in the winter, here are some tips for getting your home sold!
- Make sure your windows are clean - Windows tend to get dirty and covered with snow. Cleaning your windows and pulling back the curtains lets in sunlight to brighten up your rooms.
- Make ample use of warm lighting and lamps - Cheer your home buyers up with warm, inviting lighting in every room. Winter days tend to be darker, so make sure every room is well lit. Get extra table lamps if you need to add a dash of lighting in any corner. Why not turn on the fireplace as well?
- Clear snow and ice away from the sidewalk and driveway - Show your buyers that your home is well maintained and that you are expecting them.