Some questions Realtors should be asking seniors.
Thinking about your lifestyle:
- What is most important to you?
- Do you want to stay in this area?
- Do you want to be close to your friends?
- What are your present activities?
- Do you have physical limitations?
- Are other family members involved in this decision?
- Is maintaining as much independence as possible important?
- Do you have medical conditions which must be considered?
- Are you aware of your options?
It is important that seniors feel comfortable with their decisions.
- They should have all available information and time to objectively consider all of the pros and cons of each option.
- Develop a Plan of Action that is easy to follow.
- Provide seniors with local relocation services to help with the transition.
-Provide examples of floor plans (e.g. 1 and 2 BD condo apt.) so that they can visualize their furniture and belongings in their new environment.
Valuable information is available through the following links as well as links to local Community Centres, Senior Centres and City/local government websites.
This information is provided by:
Peter Sardelis Broker
Century 21 Capital Realty Inc.
“Peter Gets Results!”