SPRING CLEANUP TIME HAS ARRIVED AND DON'T FORGET YOUR LAWNS AND GARDENS!!
Finally, we have some warm sunshine and longer days, here in the CIty of Kawartha Lakes. It has definitely been a long, harsh winter, and a very slow arrival of the Spring season, BUT much better Summer weather is creeping up on us, so LET'S GET OUR SPRING ON AND GET BUSY!!!
Nothing says "Welcome Back Spring and Summer" more effectively than having your yard and gardens cleaned up and looking manicured. Not to mention the positive effect it has on your neighbours, passers by, and how you feel about YOUR HOME. Curb appeal is such an important feature for every home. If your home says WELCOME from the curb, it will certainly be more inviting upon entry to your home. YES, it takes a bit of time but the dedication to the cleanup will be very rewarding. Here are a few tips to assist you in creating the appeal you desire:
1) Firstly, raking of your lawn and collecting of last falls leaves is a MUST. Neglecting to do this can cause a negative impact on the plants as they become smothered by the debris, and their growth is affected in the spring and summer season. Loss of perennials and brown spots in your lawns can easily happen when neglected.
2) Shrub trimming is important to keep new growth healthy. Check with your local Garden Centre to ensure you are following proper guidelines for trimming, as all shrubs vary in maintenance needs.
3) Edging of flower gardens and turning of the soil in those gardens makes such a huge difference in their appeal. Rich black soil, freshly trimmed shrubs and hints of green perennials bursting through the ground is one of the most beautiful sights. New Life......
4) Mulch is a great option in your flower beds as it helps retain moisture through the dry times in the summer, and it will improve the landscaping's aesthetic design as well.
5) Take some time and visit you local Garden Centre and chat with one of their professional lawn/garden maintenance experts. Discuss the best fertilizers, grass seed options, types of shrubs you require, how the sun, or lack thereof, affects your landscaping plan. They are the experts, so go to them for help.
In my opinion, even the most humble of homes can look impressive when things are tended to and are being maintained regularly. And your lawn and gardens are no exception. Every minute you invest in maintenance, and every dollar you invest in that process will reflect positively to the public. That's why you see people smiling when they walk or drive by your home. That's their way of saying THANK YOU, and your reward for a job well done. GOOD FOR YOU!!!
AND YOU WILL BE ENTERTAINED BY YOUR NEW FRIENDS AS YOU WORK!!!!
GOOD LUCK AND GET YOUR CREATIVE JUICES FLOWING!!!