I drove by one of my advertising signs again and its still crooked! Its been like that for weeks now!
I mentioned it to a colleague....nothing happened! I mentioned it to a couple more colleagues...nothing happened! I told our conveyancing secretary and admin assistant about it and nothing!! The last straw was when I drove by with my boys and it was still crooked! All that complaining did nothing to help my straighten sign!
I needed to actually go and fix the sign myself. But now its too late....the sign is frozen and CAN NOT be moved!
Its actually kind of funny at this point. When I noticed it, I could have easily parked my vehicle, got out and fixed it myself. That was weeks ago! Now I won't be able to move it until when, February or March. No, I won't wait that long, the next warm day I will be out there trying to fix. I will be back again and again until Its fix it....why? Because it needs to be done!
Just like other things in life, they need to be done. We can procrastinate, we can complain or we can do nothing about it. I don't even know if it has anything to do with motivation, perhaps more of a REALIZATION!
Realizing that time, days, weeks, will go by regardless of what you do or don't do. Time waits for no one!
If you are in the same position you were in a year ago and still not happy, if you have 10 pounds to lose or if your house is still a cluttery mess then its time for a realization!! Who cares if you are not motivated, you don't have to be excited and sing songy to get something accomplished.
PICK SOMETHING TO START WITH
1. Stuggling with clutter. Set out an empty "donation" box . (I read this somewhere the other day!) When you come across an item in your house that doesn't belong, is no longer useful to you or your family, add it to your donation box. Make sure its in good condition, if not, just throw it out! When the box is full, donate it.
2. Set up an easy recycling area. When your bottles, news paper, plastic is full....take it in. Don't wait, it won't go away! Plus it will not stop multiplying, makes for a longer trip.
3. Your washrooms are a mess? Wipe counters and sink down with handywipes every other day or so. That way cleaning your bathroom isn't such a big chore and you can go a little bit longer in between those major cleans.
4. Need to vacuum? I have no advice there, you just need to vacuum.
5. Have 5 or 10 pounds to lose? Start every day with a healthy breakfast. Every day! Chances are you will want to continue eating well for the rest of the day.
6. Don't exercise or exercise very little? Just go for a walk. Get up just start small, if you're doing nothing.....nothing will change. You don't have to commit to a gym membership just start something small.
7. Sugar.....just don't have any extra. You don't have to start reading labels and making sure that you're cutting out sugar from all your meals. Don't have that piece of cake or don't eat those 4 candies or don't open the box chocolate! Stop drinking pop. It will get easier in a few days once the cravings start to decline. It should be good for a few pounds in a short time.
8. Drink some water. Water is good for you, it'll refresh you and make you feel better. We can all use some water.
9. Don't have time. Yes you do! We all have the same amount of time.
The point is simple really. You don't necessarily have to be motivated to make changes in your life. It's a realization that you HAVE to get things done.
But who knows, when you start seeing results you might get MOTIVATED to make more changes.