Whether you are getting organised and gearing up to sell or lease your home quickly, if you are looking to make changes with minimum expenses we have some great suggestions. It is really important to prepare your home for sale. If you are either looking to sell or lease your home it is important that it looks amazing as prospective buyers are not just picky but really hard to please. Below are few great ideas you can accomplish with a minimum expense and efforts.
1. Colour. A dash of colour can change everything and this is true even about painting your home. Painting is the easiest way of upgrading your home inexpensively. Try to balance the colours through do not use bright or dark colours and blend of both is good. Often simply painting doors or window frames can spice up some colour in your dull home.
2. Fixtures. When we mean fixtures it can be anything as far as from furniture to lighting. There are various kinds of fixtures that can instantly transform your home with a simple addition like knobs, lights etc. It does not have to a fancy chandelier it can be as simple as changing door knobs and handles of cabinets. Nowadays stores like Home Depot, Lowes, Ikea are revolutionising door knobs and are available in various colours, shapes and sizes with the flexibility of a vast price range. There are multiple online options too but always view them in store to get a better idea.
3. Lighting. No one likes a dark den so remember to keep all windows open as much as possible and if needed choose bright lighting if there are no windows. Avoid using the bulky drapes for windows not only make your house look old but also are very difficult to maintain. For a dark kitchen it is ideal to install lights within cabinets or mounting them on top or below is a great idea.
4. Exterior. More than the interior, exterior impression of your house increases the chances of selling your home quickly. For many prospective buyers the perfectly trimmed lawn and well organised garage can sell the house. Some of the other things that you add outside your home are fancy flower plants, well maintained deck, outdoor lighting, water fixtures.
5. Cleanliness. A dirty house will never sell so decluttering is very crucial if you want to sell quickly. Also if prospective buyers how you can use the space in a house they can vision themselves better. Do not stack books on the floor or in corners using wooden racks will occupy limited space and display a tidy look. Never stack things on or around bulky furniture and all the junk you do not need from the garage and the living room.
If you are looking to sell quickly the above mentioned simple steps will not make your home sale ready but also help in negotiating the asking price and sometimes even more and prospective buyers see the value of the money they are willing to invest. Don't forget to view our daily new listings here.