- National home sales edged up 4.1% from February to March.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 9.5% above March 2014 levels.
- The number of newly listed homes rose 1.8% from February to March.
- The Canadian housing market remains balanced.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 4.95% year-over-year in March.
- The national average sale price rose 9.4% on a year-over-year basis in March; excluding Greater Vancouver and Greater Toronto, it increased by 2.4%.
The spring season for housing is in full swing with buyers and sellers. New homes inventory is up since last month, and buyers were finally able to schedule showings and made offers on homes. Snow did not keep everyone from making things happen, but it did slow things down a bit. The snow finally stopped in late March and while some of the MLS photos are still showing some, I think that we can confidently say that the winter is over. Sellers jumped in to list their homes and buyers are out in full force scouring the area for that perfect place to call home.