It’s a no-brainer that when you’re working with international clients, looking to buy real estate or invest in real estate you should know something about their culture so you can communicate more effectively. Along with being aware it is also important to behave in a neutral manner to avoid any offensive actions or words. Sensitivity and empathy should be demonstrated always via written or oral conversations and other interactions with them.
Top 5 Best Practices that I recommend with experience are as follows:
- Mispronouncing their name (and not attempting to correct yourself)
- Making false assumptions about their finances (such as their family is funding their real estate purchase)
- Ignoring their customary greetings
- Dismissing their business card
- Assuming they have a narrow focus on neighborhoods
Get to know them as much as possible to establish rapport and show them that they can trust you. This is the best way to build credible professional relationships with global buyers. If you are seeking any specific questions feel free to connect here for all information on does and don'ts for global buyers