Are you a young couple looking to buy your own home? Whether you are a married couple or a live-in couple, you should know about the steps to buying a house and how to secure both of you for any kind of future contingency.
Here are 3 main things you must consider before buying a property together:
1. Steps To Buy A House: You should ensure that the following checklist for buying a house is completed without leaving anything out:
- Start searching for properties as early as possible.
- Consider how much you can afford to spend.
- Get pre-qualified and pre-approved for mortgage.
Find the best real estate agent that meets your needs. We at HelpFindingMyAgent can help you find the right real estate agent who is specialized in helping young couples find the perfect property.
- Shop around for the property and make an offer.
- Get the home inspected.
- Choose your loan.
- Get the house appraised and coordinate all the paperwork.
- Close the sale.
2. Signing The Agreement
One of the most complex and important steps is signing agreement before buying a property. This step should be handled with care and should involve your attorney and agent. The agreement will be prepared and agreed to by both the attorneys, and then signed by both the buyer and seller after both side have agreed to the offer and the terms.
3. Buying House Before Marriage
If you are thinking of Buying a House Together Before Marriage, make sure to follow these steps to protect each one's interests from any potential financial heartbreaks in the future:
Comparing Credit Scores - Make sure to share information about your income and savings. This will help you determine whether you can afford to buy or not. It is also important to compare credit scores and share the information.
Open Joint Account - If you already don't have a joint bank account, you should open one. This account should be used for paying your:
- Property taxes
Title - You should discuss with your partner how the ownership or title will be managed. Mainly there are three main options:
- One person could be the sole owner
- Both can hold the title as 'joint tenants'
- The title can be shared as 'tenants in common'
Follow these steps to buying a house and you will be able to run a smooth home buying process as a young couple. We at Century 21 President Realty Inc. Brokerage can help you in finding the best real estate agent who can simply the entire process for you to go through all these steps. Feel free to contact us now at 905-488-2100