It doesn’t matter whether you are a first-time buyer, an empty-nester, or somewhere in between. You need the services of an experienced, dedicated real estate professional who will understand your goals and adopt them as their own. Let a local real estate expert help you make the purchase that is just right for you
Before buying a new home, ensure that as a consumer you remain informed. The information that is provided for you below will help you do just that.
One of the first questions you may be asking might be, “What kind of home can I afford?” That depends on many factors that will ultimately affect the kind of home you can afford to buy.
- Location – Where is your preferred location (the suburbs, downtown, and etc.)?
- Income – Make sure you include the costs of a mortgage, property taxes, utilities, and/or condo or strata fees. Try not to exceed 30-35% of your income when allocating these costs for your home.
- Type of house – What home styles are you interested in (detached, townhouse, semi, and etc.)?
- Ownership - There are many kinds of ownership make sure you research ahead of time to stay on the same page with the realtor. Also understand the fees and other legal implications that need to follow once you decide on a specific kind of ownership.
- List Needs and Then Wants - Before you decide to consult a real estate sales professional it is very important to understand and discuss with your family what you need collectively. Once you understand the basic requirements make a list of your preference of school, rooms, garage, backyard etc.
Additional costs must be kept in mind and you should figure out what you want in a house and what you can afford before you start looking for a house. You can also meet with your bank or mortgage broker to set up a pre-approved mortgage. There are different kinds of mortgages so make sure to explore all of your options once you are ready to make any kind of offer!
After this, start finding a house and do not become discouraged if the process of doing so takes longer than you expected. Once you have found your house and your offer is accepted, closing and moving into your house will be the last steps.
Let a Century 21 President Real Estate professional help and guide you on your way to becoming a successful home owner!
Your Century 21 sales representative can prepare you for your entire home-buying experience, from determining each of your requirements to identifying community resources and assessing how much you can afford.
Let a local real estate expert put his expertise and experience to work for you now.
Ready to buy a property in Brampton?
Find an agent or contact us to find your dream home today.
- Office Fax905-488-2101