According to statisticsreleased today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national resale housing activity rebounded slightly in September 2012, marking the first monthly increase since the spring.
- Home sales up 2.5% from August to September.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity down 15.1% from September 2011.
- Number of newly listed homes up 6.5% from August to September.
- Market remains firmly in balanced territory, but conditions have eased.
- National average home price up 1.1% on a year-over-year basis in September.
- The MLS® HPI rose 3.9% in September, its smallest gain since May 2011.