Brampton Resident Steps Up to Show You Have the Power to Heal

Randy Ramadhin in Peel MemorialBrampton resident and one of the faces of the Canadian Caribbean community, Rosalind Teekah arrived in Canada from Guyana during the Pierre Trudeau era. Former Brampton resident and local real estate broker, Randy Ramadhin is grateful for the services the hospital has provided for his mother and is impressed at the outreach and support it has provided.  Together they are sharing the message of healing as faces of the community by sharing a message of strength and healing by showing Canadians that they have the Power to Heal.

In April 2015 Rosalind was diagnosed with breast cancer. The diagnosis resulted in surgery, chemotherapy and subsequent radiation therapy. Today, one year later, Rosalind and her family are happy to report that she is a cancer survivor!

Rosalind is also one of the faces of the hospital’s special fundraising program, You Have the Power. http://www.youhavethepower.ca/

As a cancer survivor under the hospital’s care, Rosalind is happy to share the great works of the Peel Memorial medical team. Peel Memorial is part of the William Osler Health System. It is currently expanding, with plans to open the Peel Memorial Centre for Integrated Health and Wellness, in early 2017. It requires more people to step up and donate so that it can acquire the equipment it needs. As part of its pioneering approach, the hospital will offer the most up-to-date services. Its departments include high-tech diagnostics, specialty clinics, wellness and rehab programs for people of all ages, besides the traditional urgent care and day surgery departments.

Thanks to the generosity of Orlando Corporation, continuing until June 30, 2016, any donation will be matched with an equal amount, up to $5 million. People might be unaware that even though the province is funding 90% of all expansion and upgrades, the remaining 10% as well as all the hospital’s equipment costs must come from community donations.  Donations can be one-time individual, through a monthly payroll plan, or from corporations.

Now that Rosalind has overcome her battle with cancer, the mother of three supportive adult children is doing all she can to share her story so that others will know the difference they can make by donating.  There are many ways you can give to this expansion for better healthcare. Rosalind encourages you to start by going to the hospital’s  Ways to Give page.

http://www.oslerfoundation.org/Ways-to-Give/Overview.aspx

Randy Ramadhin

Randy Ramadhin

Broker
CENTURY 21 People's Choice Realty Inc., Brokerage*
Contact Me

Blog Archives

Tags