Being a member of the Board takes commitment. How does the Board stack up when it comes to these top six behaviours of effective Condo Boards?
- STAYING FOCUSED ON A SHARED VISION – A Condo Board that focuses on the “best interest of the corporation” is one that puts the corporation first in the context of decision making.
- FACILITATING MEANINGFUL COMMUNICATION – Respecting fellow Board members allows for intelligent and critical dialogue. A well run Board adheres to a strict Code of Ethics.
- RELYING ON PROFESSIONAL OPINIONS – A strong Board will know when outside expertise is needed. Sometimes, it’s outside information that aides in effective decision making.
- COMMITTING TO TRANSPARENCY – Information sessions, newsletters, and a meaningful AGM are just a few ways that the Board can clearly convey information to Unit Owners.
- STAYING INFORMED – Before every meeting, Board members should receive a detailed package with relevant information on each item that will require a decision or vote.
- PROTECTING THE CORPORATION – Effective Boards know The Declaration and The Rules for their Condo Corp., and ensure that everyone adheres to them.