ReMax has released their 2015 Recreational Property Report with the following observations.
- 68% of Canadians would rather spend a long weekend at a cottage or cabin than go on a big city getaway.
- 21% of Canadians would consider downsizing their home to purchase a recreational property.
- In order to afford their dream cottage or cabin, 40.5% of Canadians would likely purchase with family.
- The low Canadians dollar is a having a positive effect on local recreational property markets as Canadians are choosing to stay in Canada where the dollar will go further. Some are even selling US properties that appreciated in recent years to take advantage of the exchange rate.
- The recreational property market buying season has had a strong start and is expected to remain active throughout the summer as continued low interest rates and consumer demand fuel activity.
Fire Road #2 McCallum Point Road, Clearwater Bay - $1,250,000 - CLICK HERE
Lot 8 Channel Island, Lake of the Woods - $145,000 - CLICK HERE
Milner's Bay, Little Sand Lake, Minaki - $350,000 - CLICK HERE
Lot 2 Thompson Island, Lake of the Woods - $150,000 - CLICK HERE
(Includes a 1986 40' Three Buoys Sportcruiser Houseboat)
#1 Northeast Bay, Black Sturgeon Lake - $795,000
Harbour Island, Little Sand Lake, Minaki - $249,900
Laughing Water Road, Sioux Narrows - $25,000