Tired of seeing the same houses for sale every time you drive by them?
Do you want to STAND OUT from the rest?
Do you want maximum value in minimal time with as little stress as possible?
Prepare yourself and your home prior to listing in order to be ahead of the competition. A few spring tips to get your house ready to Sell.
1. Prepare yourself- Take your time to say your goodbyes to every room. This is now a product for sale, emotionally detaching yourself from your home can be the hardest step
2. De- Clutter- Remove those old antiques on the mantle, all those desks and armoire's from the auction and all the other house hold clutter you have collected over the years in your home. Rent a safe storage unit and remove all unnecessary clutter, paintings/hangings, furniture and personal family items. The potential buyers need to see the space and picture their own furniture and family portraits. Lets not distract them from the house!!!
3. Become your own closet organizer- Organize, re arrange and align closets, cupboards and pantries in an esthetically pleasing manner. Buyers are looking in these things and the last thing you want is that dreaded Tupperware cupboard that's bursting at the seems to end up in a potential buyers lap!
4. Make the house shine- minor drywall repairs, paint touch ups or changed to a neutral decor. Move all those things at the bottom of the honey-do list to the top. Wash the windows, replace light bulbs, wax the floors, level the unlevel doors etc. Scrutinize your own home from a buying perspective.
5. Curb Appeal- First impressions last a life time, don't use all your manpower and resources on the interior because if you can't get them in the front door they might never see what your house has to offer. The exterior image is the first and last memory of your place so make it count.