THERE ARE SEVERAL THINGS YOU CAN DO TO HELP PREVENT MOULD GROWTH IN YOUR HOME
1. Repair basement, roof and pipe leaks as soon as you notice them.
2. Always use the kitchen and bathroom exhaust to help keep your house dry.
3. The clothes dryer hoses to be properly connected and vented to the outside.
4. Properly seal tubs, tubs surrounds and sinks to prevent water from getting into the walss.
5. If yiou have flood or any type of water damage, be sure the flooded area is completely dry within 48 hours.
6. The humidity in your home should be around 50% in summer and 30% in winter. A humidifier can help reduce the relative humidity is necessary.
7. Discard clutter and excess stored material and make sure you have enough clearance from walls to allow for proper air circulation.
8. Keep your house clean by vacumming regularly.
9. Mould can grow on anything that collects dust and can hold moisture.
Posted by Rita Jethi
on July 16, 2012