CENTURY 21 Hi-Point Realty Ltd.
- 5203 Industrial Road PO Box 6084
Drayton Valley, AB T7A 1R6
Since joining the Century 21 Hi-Point Realty Team in July of 2010, I have been one of the most productive Realtors in the Drayton Valley & Brazeau County marketplace. In 2011 I was recognized as a Centurion Producer, this award recognizes outstanding performance in the Century 21 system. In 2012, 2013, and 2014 I was a recipient of the Double Centurion Producer award. Amongst the 9,000 plus Century 21 Realtors across Canada, I was recognized as #54th most productive in 2013, and #43rd most productive in 2014. In 2015, 2016 and 2017 I was recognized again as a Centurion Producer. in 2015 I was inducted in to Century 21 Canada's Masters Hall of Fame, in recognition of a consistently high level of production. In 2013 I became the Broker of Century 21 Hi-Point Realty Ltd.
I would be priveleged to work with you in making one of the most important financial decisions of your life, the buying and selling of your Real Estate. Please feel free to contact me anytime, 7 days a week at (780)621-8900 or email@example.com
- 2017 - CENTURION® Producer
- 2016 - CENTURION® Producer
- 2015 - CENTURION® Producer
- 2015 - Masters Hall of Fame
- 2014 - DOUBLE CENTURION® Producer (#43 in Canada)
- 2013 - DOUBLE CENTURION® Producer (#54 in Canada)
- 2012 - DOUBLE CENTURION® Producer
- 2011 - CENTURION® Producer
2007 - MBA (Master of Business Administration) - Dalhousie University, Halifax
2002 - B.Comm (Bachelor of Commerce) - University of Alberta, Edmonton
1998 - High School Diploma - St. Anthony's School, Drayton Valley
After 8 years in Personal & Commercial Banking including the completion of an MBA in 2007, I decided to change careers in July of 2010. A passion for excellent personal service coupled with a keen interest in Real Estate prompted me to return to Drayton Valley and join the Century 21 Hi-Point Realty Team. Born and raised in Drayton Valley, I am very familiar with the community and surrounding area's Real Estate market.
In 2015 I married my wonderful wife Rachelle, I'm now the proud father of a daughter (Evangeline) and a son (Julien)!
I have been a proud member of the Rotary Club of Drayton Valley since 2011. I am presently the Chair of The Rotary Foundation for the Rotary Club of Drayton Valley. The mission of The Rotary Foundation is to enable Rotarians to advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace through the improvement of health, the support of education, and the alleviation of poverty. In 2015 I joined the Pembina Nordic Ski Club and I'm now the Treasurer for the club. Brazeau County is home to some of the finest cross country skiing in the province.
Century 21 Hi-Point Realty Ltd. 2010 - Present
- Realtor & Broker, Drayton Valley (2010 - present) - Achieved Century 21's Centurion award for production in 2011, 2015, 2016, 2017, and Double Centurion awards for the following years; 2012, 2013, and 2014, ranked #54 for production in Canada in 2013, and #43 for production in Canada in 2014. In 2013 I also became the Broker at Century 21 Hi-Point Realty Ltd.
Royal Bank of Canada
- Senior Account Manager, Commercial Banking, Edmonton (2007-2010) - Achieved 23% revenue growth for fiscal 2008, highest amongst bank's 9 Account Managers located at the South Edmonton Commercial Banking Centre. Achieved 11% portfolio revenue growth thru first 10 months of fiscal 2009, also leading Centre
- Sales Team Assistant Manager, Personal Banking, Edmonton (2006-2007) - Largest branch in Edmonton; 9 Account Manager direct reports. Provision of ongoing coaching and development of sales staff, ensuring a high level of employee capability and engagement
- Senior Account Manager, Personal Banking, Edmonton (2004-2006) - Achieved 103% of aggressive sales plan for 2005 through effective relationship management
- Account Manager, Personal Banking, Fort McMurray (2002-2004) - Achieved 151% of sales plan for 2003 and 127% of sales plan for 2004
Ask me for a free Home Evaluation!
I am happy to provide for you a free Home Evaluation using the Comparitive Market Analysis methodology. Please feel free to contact me anytime in this regard at (780) 621-8900.
Why use a Realtor?
1. Your REALTOR® can help you determine your buying power -- that is, your financial reserves plus your borrowing capacity. If you give a REALTOR® some basic information about your available savings, income and current debt, he or she can refer you to lenders best qualified to help you. Most lenders -- banks and mortgage companies -- offer limited choices.
2. Your REALTOR® has many resources to assist you in your home search. Sometimes the property you are seeking is available but not actively advertised in the market, and it will take some investigation by your agent to find all available properties.
3. Your REALTOR® can assist you in the selection process by providing objective information about each property. Agents who are REALTORS® have access to a variety of informational resources. REALTORS® can provide local community information on utilities, zoning. schools, etc. There are two things you'll want to know. First, will the property provide the environment I want for a home or investment? Second, will the property have resale value when I am ready to sell?
4. Your REALTOR® can help you negotiate. There are myriad negotiating factors, including but not limited to price, financing, terms, date of possession and often the inclusion or exclusion of repairs and furnishings or equipment. The purchase agreement should provide a period of time for you to complete appropriate inspections and investigations of the property before you are bound to complete the purchase. Your agent can advise you as to which investigations and inspections are recommended or required.
5. Your REALTOR® provides due diligence during the evaluation of the property. Depending on the area and property, this could include inspections for termites, dry rot, asbestos, faulty structure, roof condition, septic tank and well tests, just to name a few. Your REALTOR® can assist you in finding qualified responsible professionals to do most of these investigations and provide you with written reports. You will also want to see a preliminary report on the title of the property. Title indicates ownership of property and can be mired in confusing status of past owners or rights of access. The title to most properties will have some limitations; for example, easements (access rights) for utilities. Your REALTOR®, title company or attorney can help you resolve issues that might cause problems at a later date.
6. Your REALTOR® can help you in understanding different financing options and in identifying qualified lenders.
7. Your REALTOR® can guide you through the closing process and make sure everything flows together smoothly.
8. When selling your home, your REALTOR® can give you up-to-date information on what is happening in the marketplace and the price, financing, terms and condition of competing properties. These are key factors in getting your property sold at the best price, quickly and with minimum hassle.
9. Your REALTOR® markets your property to other real estate agents and the public. Often, your REALTOR® can recommend repairs or cosmetic work that will significantly enhance the salability of your property. Your REALTOR® markets your property to other real estate agents and the public. In many markets across the country, over 50% of real estate sales are cooperative sales; that is, a real estate agent other than yours brings in the buyer. Your REALTOR® acts as the marketing coordinator, disbursing information about your property to other real estate agents through a Multiple Listing Service or other cooperative marketing networks, open houses for agents, etc. The REALTOR® Code of Ethics requires REALTORS® to utilize these cooperative relationships when they benefit their clients.
10. Your REALTOR® will know when, where and how to advertise your property. There is a misconception that advertising sells real estate. The NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® studies show that 82% of real estate sales are the result of agent contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, family and personal contacts. When a property is marketed with the help of your REALTOR®, you do not have to allow strangers into your home. Your REALTOR® will generally prescreen and accompany qualified prospects through your property.
11. Your REALTOR® can help you objectively evaluate every buyer's proposal without compromising your marketing position. This initial agreement is only the beginning of a process of appraisals, inspections and financing -- a lot of possible pitfalls. Your REALTOR® can help you write a legally binding, win-win agreement that will be more likely to make it through the process.
12. Your REALTOR® can help close the sale of your home. Between the initial sales agreement and closing (or settlement), questions may arise. For example, unexpected repairs are required to obtain financing or a cloud in the title is discovered. The required paperwork alone is overwhelming for most sellers. Your REALTOR® is the best person to objectively help you resolve these issues and move the transaction to closing (or settlement).
Real Estate in Drayton Valley & Brazeau County
2012 in Review
2012 was a great year for Real Estate in Drayton Valley & Brazeau County. Our robust economy led to gains in Real Estate prices not seen since the meteoric price increases of 2004 thru 2007. This price trending began in the spring of 2011 and has continued across all price points and dwelling styles. Century 21 Hi-Point Realty Ltd.'s Average Selling Price across all properties increased 5.73% in 2012. Not surprisingly, with prices increasing so too did Total Sales Volume. Century 21 Hi-Point Realty Ltd.'s Total Sales Volume increased 17.14% in 2012. A strong local economy has brought positive net migration to Drayton Valley & Brazeau County but is not the only factor resulting in a favourable Real Estate market. Mortgage lending interest rates have remained at historical lows for much of 2012, causing greater demand for housing.
2013: Going Forward
One must remember to filter what the media conveys in terms of Real Estate forecasts as Real Estate is very much a spot market. The media tends to speak to large urban markets (Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, etc.). Drayton Valley & Brazeau County's Real Estate market however, is very much a function of the local economy. A continued strong local economy coupled with what will likely remain as historical low interest rates bode well for Drayton Valley & Brazeau County's Real Estate market. These strong fundamentals are just cause for continued optimism and price increases in 2013.
Your property will sell for more if it's listed by a full service brokerage. I would be happy to provide for you a Free Home Evaluation utilizing the Comparative Market Analysis Methodology. I would be privileged to work with you in making one of the most important financial decisions of your life, the buying and selling of your Real Estate. Please feel free to contact me anytime, 7 days a week at (780)621-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.