A few valuable stats from NAR’s 2010 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers:
• The typical home buyer will search for homes for 12 weeks and view 12 different homes during the home buying process.
• 83 percent of buyers purchased a home through a real estate agent.
• 48 percent of buyers found their agent through friend or family member.
• The typical sellers lived in their homes for 8 years.
• 88 percent of sellers were assisted by an agent with their transaction.
• Homes sold through a real estate agent sold for 96 percent of the list price.
• 41 percent of sellers found the listing agent through a friend, family member, or coworker.
• 83 percent of consumers would definitely use their agent again.