When you are getting ready to put your home up for sale, it can be a stressful time. There are so many things to do. Today, we will focus on preparing your home!
Let's start with some Do's and Don'ts.
- Check out other homes in your neighbourhood that are for sale.
- Contact a professional to help ease stress and frustration, they'll make sure the job is done right.
- Concentrate on the things that matter most.
- Don't assume that your house looks the best.
- Don't be afraid to consult with a professional.
- Don't underestimate the importance of knowing what changes are most critical.
Room by room tips!
- Convert rooms back to their original purpose.
- Deep Clean and create a spa-like feeling.
- Make them look spacious by removing a few pieces of furniture.
- Showcase your counter tops.
- Create a nook for either a home office or homework station.
- Donate or sell any items you no longer need.
- Ensure that prospective buyers can see that cars can be parked in the garage.
- Trim shrubs and plant colourful flowers.
- Fix all items needing repair
- Clean - buyers love the look and smell of a clean house
- Replace all light bulbs with the highest wattage possible
- Pre-pack, as this will mae your move that much easier and at the same time create more visual space
- Interview real estate agents
Remember that a real estate professional is also there to assist you in this process. Many agents have a list qualified contractors in your area who can make sure that any major repairs, or items that you can not tackle yourself are done, and are done right.