After a relatively slow start to the year, sales activity has really picked up in June and July, according to the monthly report from the Association of Regina REALTORS® Inc.
Statistics for July 2013 compared to July 2012:
- Sales in Regina and area:
- up 7% - from 381 to 409
- Sales in the city:
- up 14% - from 297 to 338
- Average sale price in Regina and area including bedroom communities was up 4%:
- from $298,795 to $311,759
- Average sale price in the city:
- up 1% - from $314,583 to $318,169
- Average price to the end of July was $313,991, up 5% from $2012's $299,731
During the month, homes sold were on the market for an average of 33 days before selling at an average of 96.9% of the asking price.
In Regina and area there were 1,874 active listings on the market at the end of July, including 1,063 in the city. There were 763 new listings placed on the MLS® System during the month, up 24% from 614 in 2012.