It’s the most wonderful time of the year… to sell a house? There’s always that question whether or not you should keep your house on the market for the holidays. Before you hold off on listing your home until the New Year, consider the benefits of listing your home for sale during the holidays, such as:
- Many home sellers either hold off from selling or take a break from selling during the holidays. Inevitably, the amount of listings on the market drop down, which means less competition for your home. With less competition, you could potentially sell your home faster, for more money. Once the market comes back up in the spring time, a lot of sellers will list their homes all at once for lower prices, which may drive the whole market down.
- Home buyers are generally the most motivated during the holiday season, greatly aiding sellers. Although there will be less buyers looking at homes this time of year, the buyers who do look are more serious about closing.
- Many people purposely choose to purchase a home before the new year to receive a tax write off. Home buyers who close before the end of the year could be eligible for tax credits, such as deductions for home mortgage interest, real estate taxes, and PMI premiums.
- Large companies normally transfer employees in January. Those relocating usually need to buy a house right away and simply cannot wait.
- In the winter months, homes typically show better. The decorations, smell of cookies baking, and a roaring fireplace all give your home a “warm and cozy” feeling.
- A lot of companies give their employees time off work for the holiday season, which means potential buyers have more time for showings.
- While all the malls and retail stores may be packed, Lenders and title companies aren’t as busy and can process loans faster.
- Most become so consumed in buying gifts for their friends and family, that they completely overlook all the holiday sales and specials on home appliances and hardware. Remodeling, decorating, appliance installation and other home services become more available and at less of a premium.
- If you sell your home in the winter, you’ll have your pick of tons of houses for sale in the spring time.
Just because it’s cold outside doesn’t mean the whole housing market comes to a freeze during the holidays! Buyers want to start a new year in a new home!
The above article was obtained from www.showingsuite.com.