Calling ALL Sports Fans!
Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour is coming to Garden Square, Downtown Brampton!
On Saturday March 10th and Sunday March 11th join Sportsnet and Rogers Hometown Hockey for a weekend of family-friendly, FREE programming and hockey festivities.
Join Ron MacLean and Tara Slone on March 11th at 6pm for the LIVE pregrame broadcast. Then join in on the outdoor viewing party at 7pm when hometown player Sean Monahan and the Calgary Flames face-off against the New York Islanders.
The City of Brampton is encouraging residents to decorate their homes and businesses with streamers, posters, Canada Flags, hockey jerseys, red lights, and anything else to welcome the Hometown Hockey tour. The clock tower at City Hall will be illuminated with red lights as part of this initiative.
Click here for road closure map, or visit the Hometown Hockey website for more information visit http://www.brampton.ca/EN/Arts-Culture-Tourism/Festivals-and-Events/Pages/Rogers-Hometown-Hockey.aspx
Fun for EVERYONE!!
This free hockey-themed weekend will feature games, prize giveaways, fun activities, and live local entertainment for the whole family, including:
- Rogers Fan Hub: Helping fans be fans, the Fan Hub features innovative and interactive experiences, showcasing virtual autographs from NHL stars, a hockey-themed Zamboni video game and autograph signings with NHL alumni to unite fans in their passion for the game. In addition, fans are treated to free hot chocolate on site.
- GamePlus: If you are a Rogers customer you can come to the GamePlus desk in the Rogers Fan Hub and redeem exclusive experiences such as meet-and-greets with NHL alumni, autographed merchandise and tours of our Sportsnet Mobile Studio.
- Sportsnet Augmented Reality Photo Booth: Fans have the chance to get close to their favorite players through augmented reality technology. Fans can take photos with virtual images of NHL stars, and have the photo emailed directly to their device for social sharing.
- The Hockey Circus Show: Come see Paz our world-renowned hockey acrobat! Paz juggles everything from pucks to flaming hockey sticks all while standing on top of a net. It is an experience that the family will never forget.
- Scotiabank Community Locker Room: A family-friendly space to engage hockey fans, celebrate the game, and interact with NHL alumni. Scotiabank will also be donating $15,000 to minor hockey associations in the community.
- Dodge Family Zone: Features the famous Stow ’n Go Challenge, a hockey-themed obstacle course. Also, fans have the opportunity to enter a contest to win $5,000 for their local minor hockey association and a 2018 Chrysler Pacifica for their family. All contest entrants will receive a Dodge Hometown Hockey retro toque.
- Tim Hortons Ball Hockey Rink presented by Sportsnet: Features pick-up games for the community, including local Timbits Hockey players.
- Dr. Oetker Giuseppe Pizzeria: Fans can enjoy a free slice of Giuseppe Pizzeria pizza fresh out of the oven, and play the Find Giuseppe Match Game to win a rooftop experience and other great prizes.
- Playmobil Kids Zone: Fans have the chance to face off against friends and family with the PLAYMOBIL NHL Arena and its lineup of NHL figures. In the zone, fans will also be able to enter to win a new NHL playset.
- OK Tire Zamboni Pit Stop: Features a pit-crew-like experience where fans have the opportunity to test their tire-hanging skills on a replica Zamboni.