When placing your home on the market you want to make sure you are putting your best foot forward. Good news! There are some inexpensive ways to increase the value of your home and ensure you get top dollar.
1) Declutter and reorganize: Unclutter your home to make it look bigger and cleaner. Buyers need to be able to envision their own belongings in the home.
2) Make exterior improvements: Get the lawn in shape, repair the gutter and add lighting. Tip: These changes make the home look more visually appealing and safer to buyers.
3) Update kitchen appliances: The kitchen is often the room buyers gravitate towards first. Small revisions here can drastically improve the room, giving it a new look at a relatively low cost.
4) Refresh bathroom fixtures: Faucets can have a large impact on the bathroom’s style and its appeal to buyers. Changing the fixtures and adding a fresh coat of paint can inexpensively update the décor of the room.
5) Polish off projects: Adding insulation can reduce heating and cooling needs, decreasing costs by more than 25%! These savings can then be used to remodel other rooms like the basement, increasing the usable space.