Fall is the season where you are finishing up summer maintenance tasks and also getting ready for the winter. Snow, rain and the cold can damage your home if you are not prepared. So don’t ignore any winter preparation.
Here a is checklist to get you started.
Turn off and flush outdoor water faucets.
- Don’t forget to flush hoses and store them. Winterize sprinkler systems as well, if you have one.
Winterize air conditioning systems and get heating system ready for winter
- For your central air, cover the outside unit with a tarp or plastic sheeting and secure with bungee cords. Remove and store window units.
- Make sure all your heating vents are open and not blocked by furniture. Service/inspect your furnace and A/C at least every other year, preferably annually. Don’t forget about fireplaces if you have them.
Check driveway/pavement for cracks.
- Make sure to have your driveway re-sealed before winter; water can freeze and expand in the cracks, causing more damage.
- Interlocking Driveways also need to be winterized. Don’t use salt. Use branded ice melter products on the market, specifically for concrete pavers and brick and one that is non-corrosive.
Buy winter gear.
- Have sidewalk salt, shovels, snow blowers ready for winter. Snow may arrive sooner than you think!
STAYED TUNED FOR MORE WINTER MAINTENANCE TIPS COMING SOON! Original article -www.artofmanliness.com
For help with your next purchase, sale or lease of a home, call or text us directly at the numbers below or email below.
Leo Manchisi – 905-334. 9650 / email@example.com
Sean Kavanagh – 905.220-9198 / firstname.lastname@example.org