• Wash walls, ceilings, and baseboards. Consider painting with light, neutral colours. Repair cracks.
• Tighten loose knobs, towel racks, switch plates, and outlet covers.
• Fix tight doors and windows, squeaky floorboards and loose stair banisters.
• Clean and repair caulking around tubs and sinks. Fix leaky faucets and remove water stains.
• Clean and organize the basement and attic (this is a good opportunity to throw out all the bits and pieces you don't want to move.)
• Organize closets. Get rid of the clutter. Limit the number of items stored overhead or on the floor.
• Clean out kitchen cabinets, and remove clutter from countertops.
• Clean drapes, blinds and curtains. Shampoo carpets and wax floors.
• If smokers live in the house or there are pets, use odour cleansers to keep the air fresh.
• Arrange furniture to make rooms appear as spacious as possible.
• Remove all fixtures you intend to take with you.
• Keep grass well maintained and remove all garbage from the property.
For a personal consultation on how to dress up your house for a quick sale and to get you the most money at the time of sale, contact me at 905-220-9198 or at email@example.com.
Thanks for reading. Please visit again soon for current and relevant information on the Burlington, Oakville and Toronto real estate markets. If there are any questions you may have regarding market conditions, mortgage rates, investing in real estate or how to sell your house for maximum profit, please don't hesitate to call or email me with whatever is on your mind.