Judge a home by its cover
* 78% say curb appeal is “extremely” or “very” important
Boost your home’s curb appeal with these tips from Carson Arthur, celebrity outdoor designer and co-host of HGTV’s “Critical Listing.”
Buyers begin to assess a home right from the little picture on the listing page. Want to make the best first impression for your home?
Here are 3 simple tips to improve your home’s exterior:
- Containers over plant beds: Plant sparingly because not everyone has a green thumb. Maximize visual interest by using containers to bring plants that are in bloom to the front door.
- Lights at night: Install new solar spotlights to outline the edge of your driveway, or to highlight your favourite house features and the “for sale” sign.
- New paint job: Use paint chips to find corresponding colours that will compliment your homes’ existing surroundings, like trees, rocks, or other houses.
You only get one chance to make a first impression. Your front yard is the calling card for your home… what does it currently say?
With the upcoming C21® Open House Weekend Blitz on May 2-3, curb appeal has never been so popular! Attend a participating C21 open house that weekend and you could win a “grill n’ chill backyard bundle” to boost your home’s outdoor appeal or 5,000 AIR MILES® reward miles.
* Free Infographic: Creating Curb Appeal. (2014, July 23). Retrieved March 11, 2015, fromhttp://www.sensationalcolor.com/color-for-your-home/fresh-color-for-your-home-exterior/free-infographic-creating-curb-appeal-19089#.VQCaH3zF_fI