With the days growing shorter (and chillier) and holidays coming just around the corner, November is bound to fill up fast with necessary preparations for winter and the holiday festivities. Stay on track during this busy time by checking these to-dos off your list, and you can greet the turn of the seasons with calm.
Trim trees. Have an arborist care for trees in late fall, when they’re dormant.
10 Ways to Keep Your Home Safe While You’re Traveling
- Enough beds to go around (borrow or buy an air mattress if space is tight)
- Fresh bedding and pillows for each bed
- Spare towels and blankets for each guest
- A basket of sample-size toiletries
- Privacy in the form of window coverings and a door that shuts
7 Keep-Tidy Tips for Compact Entryways
How to Clean Your Fridge, Inside and Out
World of Design: Pampered Pets and Their One-of-a-Kind Homes