Selling Your Home
Chris & Andrea will help you determine the best price for your home by taking into consideration any amenities (ie: schools, parks, stores etc.), the state of the local market, the condition of your home, and sales of comparable homes in your neighbourhood. They will provide you with a package called the Comparative Market Analysis; which will detail all the comparables they used to come up with your price & more.
In real estate, price sells! (along with a number of other very important strategies) If your home is overpriced, it will sit on the market, lose time and get stale. An overpriced house will actually help to sell other houses as they will appear to have more value for their price. It is very important to Chris & Andrea that they get you the most money for your home as possible; and there are a number of selling techniques and strategies they use to ensure just that!
* Professional photography- when your home is ready for the market, Chris or Andrea will bring in their professional photographer (you can be present, or it can be done while you are at work for your convenience). Together they will put together a media package of virtual tours and slideshow pictures along with other extras that will be incorporated into their personal website as well as mls.ca & both Real estate boards.
* Sign on your front lawn- this is a 24 hour advertisement! If someone calls from the sign on your lawn then you know they are already 2/3 sold on your home as far as area and exterior, they just need to be sold on the inside. There is also the option to attach an info box to the sign, if you find that beneficial.
* Create a custom home brochure to show your home to its greatest advantage. This brochure will include colour pictures as well as school information, a mortgage chart breakdown & any features or upgrades the home offers. If you have a floor plan and survey of your property this is beneficial to incorporate into the brochure as well. The purpose of this brochure is to make sure your home stand out to buyers and for them to be able to remember as many details as possible about your home when they get home from looking at numerous homes.
* Your own "Street Address" URL to drive more internet traffic to your home's pictures & information. Majority of potential buyers searching the internet for your home will google by address, and having this custom URL will direct the traffic to Chris & Andrea rather than to other agents/companies who don't know the property as well.
* Exposure on Oakville & Milton Real Estate Board (OMDREB), as well as Toronto Real Estate Board (TREB)- with full listing data, pictures & virtual tour. Chris & Andrea understand the impact that market exposure has in selling your home fast & for top dollar! They are members on both boards to get you double the agent/buyer exposure for your home (getting the attention of approximately 50,000 + agents and their clients!!!). They realize that most buyers lately are coming from out of town and those agents are as important to target as well as local realtors.
* Exposure on personal website (which is included on sign on your front lawn, all advertisements, feature sheets etc), as well as Century 21 corporate website.
* Exposure on mls.ca; the avenue most buyers search first when they decide they want to buy a new home.
* An email will be sent to Chris & Andrea's personal database with your home info to see if they or anyone they know may have interest in your home.
* Agent open house This is done the first week you are listed, it enables agents to get a preview of your home & to see if they know of a suitable buyer. Chris & Andrea provide lunch/treats & refreshments as they explain to other agents all the features & upgrades that your home has to offer. (Agent open houses are also a great way to maintain a local presence & good reputation with fellow Milton Realtors; which Chris & Andrea ensure every week while out networking at other agent open houses when not hosting their own).
* Public open houses They usually recommend that you hold a public open house the first week or two when you first hit the market as the marketing momentum is initially started; to get you all the exposure they can. This is up to your discretion.
* Advertising in Milton & area newspapers (Oakville, Georgetown, Halton Hills); front page exposure on the Milton Champion.
* Postcards printed that will be mailed to your immediate area (usually this is an area of approximately 1000 homes or more) announcing your arrival on the professional market, & other target marketing materials based on the uniqueness of your property.
* Explain any/all closing details & costs that you need to be aware of to make an informed decision.
* Maintain contact with you during the process of selling your home so that you are kept up to date with all activity happening. Chris & Andrea understand the importance of keeping you informed every step of the way to make the process as stress-free as possible.
* Follow up with agents after showings- they will call or email all agents who have shown your home to see what their feedback is, and then pass this information along to you. They also track all this feedback to provide/discuss with you if your home has not sold as fast as expected so that they can re-position your home to get it sold!
* Contact other agents; who may have buyers with search criteria that match your home, directly via email to alert them of your home coming on the market and encourage them to bring their buyers through (this technique can be explained in greater detail when meeting with Andrea & Chris).
* Chris & Andrea will represent you through the entire offer, negotiation and acceptance process.
* Chris & Andrea have the ability and knowledge of the Milton market to skillfully negotiate on behalf of you, and effectively represent & protect your best interests. They will act as a “buffer” between you and the buyer in negotiating terms, such as conditions or price, so there is less for you to be concerned with.
* When there is an offer registered, Chris will review the offer with you to make sure you thoroughly understand what the buyers are offering and what they are asking for in return. It is his expertise and primary responsibility to protect your best interest throughout these negotiations; not to mention the fact that he thrives on getting you top dollar for your home!
Chris and Andrea Seventikidis
CENTURY 21 Future Realty Inc., Brokerage*