- Prep time 20 minutes
- Total time 20 minutes
- Portion size 4
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) oyster sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) sesame oil
- 8 oz (227 g) soba noodles
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 8 oz (227 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 5 oz (142 g) shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 8 oz (227 g) baby bok choy, (about 3 stalks), halved and sliced lengthwise
- 1 sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
Whisk together broth, oyster sauce, cornstarch and sesame oil; set aside.
In large pot of boiling water, cook soba noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
In large nonstick skillet or wok, heat 1 tsp of the vegetable oil over medium-high heat; cook chicken, stirring often, until no longer pink inside, about 3 minutes. Transfer to plate.
Add remaining oil, mushrooms, garlic and ginger to pan; cook, stirring, until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Add bok choy and red pepper; cook, stirring, until tendercrisp, about 4 minutes.
Add broth mixture, noodles and chicken to pan; cook, stirring to coat with sauce, for 1 minute. Sprinkle with green onion.
Source: Canadian Living Magazine: February 2013