- Prep time 15 min, Chill 30 min
- Cook time 6 min
- Portion size 4
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) lime juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh coriander, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1 avocado
- lime wedges
PreparationCut chicken breasts in half to create 8 pieces. Pound each to even thickness.
In glass bowl, combine 1/4 cup (60 mL) of the lime juice, 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the coriander, 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the olive oil, garlic and half each of the salt and pepper. Add chicken, tossing to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine tomatoes, onion, jalapeño peppers, vinegar and remaining lime juice, coriander, oil, salt and pepper. Peel and cut avocado into large dice; gently toss with salsa, without breaking up. Set aside.
Place chicken on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill until no longer pink inside, about 3 minutes per side. Serve topped with salsa and lime wedges.
Source: Canadian Living, August 2010