- Prep time 30 minutes
- Total time 30 minutes
- Portion size 4
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cornstarch
- 1 lb (454 g) lean ground pork
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) canned sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 12 Boston lettuce leaves
Combine hoisin sauce, cornstarch and 1/2 cup water; set aside.
In large nonstick skillet, brown pork over medium-high heat, breaking up with spatula, until no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Remove from pan. Drain fat and wipe skillet clean.
Add oil to skillet; sauté ginger and garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add red pepper, mushrooms, water chestnuts, celery, salt and pepper; sauté until red pepper and celery are tender-crisp, about 3 minutes.
Return pork to pan, stirring to combine. Stir in hoisin mixture; cook, stirring, until thickened and glossy, about 1 minute. Toss with green onions. Serve in lettuce cups.
Source: Canadian Living Magazine, June 2012