We're expecting a strong, healthy spring real estate market.
For the seventh consecutive month, sales activity has been below the activity of the previous year, according to statistics reported by the Association of Regina REALTORS®. The amount of listings coming onto the market is picking up. The increased supply plus with the strong local economic activity, job and population growth, and a tight rental market, provides the components for a strong, healthy spring market.
Statistics for February 2012 compared to February 2013:
Regina (within city limits):
- Sales were down 24% - from 245 to 186
- Average sale price was up 9% - from $289,478 to $315,189
- Active Listings in the city at the end of February – 664
Regina and area:
- Sales were down 26% - from 295 to 219
- Average sale price was up 9% - from $285,032 to $310,551
- Active Listings at the end of February - 1210