Happy New Year everyone! Hope you enjoyed a wonderful holiday season and getting back to routine now. As for my family, well, we rang in the New Year with the seasonal cold and cough...so we're still trying to recover from it all!
I am currently working on selling a property out in Peterborough. With the sellers there and the buyer in Kitchener, lets just say that I have been doing a fair bit of driving lately! If all goes well, the deal closes end of January, so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I am also working with buyers in Brampton. During showings, its interesting to see how most people live. Some home owners show true pride of ownership by maintaining their homes so clean and neat. While others just ruin their chances of getting a sucessful sale, since their homes are poorly maintained, have various odors or just dont show well at all. Some helpful hints if you're are planning on selling:
- De-clutter your home as much as possible. Get rid of junk and put unnecessary furniture or personal belongings in storage.
- If you have pets, make sure the home is deodorized and free of pet litter. If you have a big dog, its always best to take them out with you during showings, so potential buyers wont be scared off.
- De-personalize the space. Dont leave lots of personal pictures on the wall. One or two is fine, but allow potential buyers to think of their items in your home.
- Plug in some air fresheners, leave some fresh flowers in a vase.
- Vacuum and mop high traffic areas.
- Do maintenance on simple items like a paint touch up and fixing any brokeni items or leaks etc.
Thats it for now. If you have any questions about buying or selling, please contact me directly at 416-333-7613!