Getting to Know your Century 21 Bachman REALTOR®
When it comes to buying or selling a home, we understand the importance of getting to know your REALTOR® as more than just a professional. Our “Meet A REALTOR®” series introduces the hard-working people of the Century 21 Bachman & Associates, and provides a personal look at each of us as residents of our community. For this installment, we spoke with Deborah Kennedy about what it means to live and work as a REALTOR® in Winnipeg & the surrounding area.
1) How long have you lived in Winnipeg?
2) Why did you choose to settle here?
Housing prices were a huge part of the decision, as well as being a large centre with national professional sports teams, concerts, as well as the arts!
3) What is your favorite thing about living in Manitoba?
Without a doubt, it is the people who live here! Constantly meeting new people is one of the perks of being a REALTOR®!
4) What makes Manitoba different than any other province to live?
Winnipeg is located in the centre of Canada, so we are relatively isolated. It is a long drive or flight to reach other cities! Thus, we are quite supportive of each other!
5) Tell us a few of your favorite activities to do or places to visit in the area?
I love to run through Assiniboine Park, skate on the river by the Forks, attend The Royal Winnipeg Ballet, as well as Blue Bomber and Jets games.
6) Tell us one thing you love about working in the real estate industry and why?
I look upon my business as matchmaking prospective home owners with their dream home, within the parameters of price ceiling, neighborhoods, and keeping in mind their ‘wish list’ .It is extremely rewarding for me when their dreams become reality!
7) Describe your favorite sale in real estate:
I helped a couple looking for revenue property find what they were looking for, in spite of not speaking each other’s language! It was incredibly satisfying overcoming that challenge!
8) How has technology helped you as a REALTOR®?
I am able to be completely on top of new listings as they hit the market, so my prospective buyers remain informed of choices open to them!
9) Describe one quality about yourself, which has helped you develop the necessary skills to be a successful REALTOR® with Century 21 Bachman & Associates?
As well as being outgoing, I have a university level background in science, which gives me excellent research and organizational skills required to be a successful agent.
10) Why Century 21 Bachman & Associates?
My broker, as well as all of the agents who work at our office are encouraging and mutually supportive of each other! In this highly competitive industry, this is a fabulous office and work environment.
If you are thinking of buying or selling call: Deborah Kennedy 204-453-7653