At CENTURY 21, we believe in helping homeowners conserve energy.
That’s why, for the month of September, we will be celebrating smart homeownership.
What does this mean for you? Well, if you buy or sell with CENTURY 21® during the month of September you will be entered for your chance to win 1 of 3 prizes of $2100 Rona/Lowes gift cards valid on Energy Star Products.
A more energy-efficient home is a more comfortable home that can help save you money.
C21 SMART SEPTEMBER
This Contest is only open to residents of Canada and is governed by Canadian law.
1. The C21 Canada SMART SEPTEMBER (the “Contest”) is organized and sponsored by Century 21 Canada Limited Partnership, 1199 West Pender St., Suite 700, Vancouver BC, V6E 2R1 (the “Organizer”). The Contest starts on September 1, 2017 at 6:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) and closes on September 30, 2017 at 9:00 p.m. PDT (the “Contest Period”).
2. This Contest is open to all residents of Canada, who have reached the age of majority in their Province or Territory of residence at the time of entry, except (i) employees, representatives and agents of the Organizer, the Charlwood Pacific Group or any of their affiliates (“C21 Group”); (ii) franchisees of the Organizer and all employees, agents and representatives of such franchisees; (iii) employees, agents and representatives of any advertising or promotional agency providing services to the C21 Group and the suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this Contest; and (iv) immediate family members (father, mother, brothers, sisters, children), legal or common law spouse and anyone residing with any of the persons listed in (i), (ii), (iii) and (iv) above.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
3. No purchase necessary. There are three ways to enter the Contest: 1) sign a listing agreement or a buyer representation agreement with a CENTURY 21 Canada agent or office during the Contest Period, in which case your agent will automatically enter you into the Contest; 2) close a sale with a CENTURY 21 Canada agent or office whether or not the possession date is during the Contest Period, in which case your agent will automatically enter you into the Contest; or 3) mail a 3” X 5” piece of paper with the entrant’s full name, address, phone number and/or email address and signature to CENTURY 21 Canada, 700-1199 West Pender Street, Vancouver, British Columbia V6E 2R1, which mail entry must be received by the Organized before the end of the Contest Period. By entering, each entrant fully and unconditionally accepts to be bound by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the Organizer or its representatives. The awarding of a prize is conditional upon the selected entrant satisfying all the requirements mentioned in these Contest Rules.
4. There is a limit of one (1) entry per person during the Contest Period.
5. There are three (3) grand prizes (the “Grand Prize(s)”) to be awarded.
6. Each Grand Prize consists of a $2,100 gift card to Rona or Lowes, which store can be selected by the winning entrant. Winners must comply with any terms and conditions associated with the gift card.
7. The Grand Prizes will be attributed by random computer-generated draw from all eligible entries received. The draw will be held on October 12, 2017 at noon PDT at 1199 West Pender St., Suite 700, Vancouver BC, V6E 2R1.
8. In the event that a selected entrant is not declared a winner for any reason (including but not limited to if a selected entrant is deemed ineligible, disqualified or has not complied with the terms of the Contest Rules to claim his/her prize), the Organizer reserves the right in its sole discretion to randomly select further entrants from the remaining eligible entries until a winner is finally declared.
9. The names of the winners will be posted on www.century21.ca no later than November 3, 2017.
ODDS OF WINNING
10. The odds of being selected depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
HOW TO CLAIM PRIZE
11. In order to be declared a winner and receive his/her prize, a selected entrant must:
(a) Be reached by phone or email (using the email address provided by the entrant on the entry form) and acknowledge receipt of said selection notification email within thirty-six (36) hours from the date of receipt;
(b) Correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, a time limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone;
(c) Sign and return to the Organizer within two (2) days from the date of receipt a standard declaration and release form (the “Declaration Form”) confirming compliance with the Contest Rules, acceptance of the prize as awarded, agreement not to defame or publish negative or disparaging comments regarding the Contest, the C21 Group or the suppliers of prizes, materials and services related to the Contest, and releasing the Organizer, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives including advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this Contest from all liability relating to the Contest; and
(d) Provide a valid copy of a CENTURY 21 listing agreement, buyer representation agreement or proof of entry at the same time as returning the Declaration Form.
12. Impossibility to reach a selected entrant by email, return of prize notification email as undeliverable, failure to correctly answer the skill-testing question in the prescribed delay, failure to respond to the Organizer’s notification within the above prescribed delay, failure to return a signed copy of the Declaration Form within the above prescribed delays and, failure to provide a valid copy of a CENTURY 21 listing agreement, buyer representation agreement or proof of entry, or any other failure as determined at the sole discretion of the Organizer within the prescribed delay will result in disqualification of the selected entrant and forfeiture of his/her right to a prize.
13. The selected entrant will be contacted within two (2) days following the receipt by the Organizer of their duly signed copy of the Declaration Form to be declared a winner.
14. The Grand Prizes will be delivered to the winners by courier or presented by a local CENTURY 21 representative within three (3) weeks following return of a duly completed Declaration Form. If any Grand Prize is returned it will not be awarded again.
15. If an entrant fails to comply with any of the terms and conditions of these Contest Rules, or fails to provide a Declaration Form, his/her random selection will be declared null and void and his/her right to a prize will be forfeited.
16. The refusal of a selected entrant to accept a prize or any part thereof as provided herein releases the Organizer from any obligation related to the prize or any part thereof.
17. Entries are subject to verification by the Organizer and/or its representatives. Entries made with multiple email addresses, under multiple identities or through the use of any device or artifice to enter multiple times will be deemed invalid and null. Entries which are incomplete, fraudulent, submitted late, that do not bear the correct contact information or that are otherwise not in compliance with the Contest Rules will be automatically rejected and will not entitle the selected entrant to a prize.
18. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any person or cancel the entry of any person participating in this Contest or trying to participate by means contrary to these Contest Rules or in a manner which is unfair to the other entrants (e.g. entries exceeding participation limits, etc.). Moreover, prior to awarding a prize, the Organizer may make appropriate verifications. If such verifications reveal that a selected entrant has not complied with the Contest Rules, that person will be disqualified and will not be entitled to receive the prize. Such persons may be referred to the appropriate authorities.
19. A prize must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and cannot be substituted for another prize or exchanged in whole or in part for money. A prize can, however, be transferred to another person with written permission from the Organizer. In the event where, for reasons not related to the winner, the Organizer cannot award a prize as described in these Contest Rules, it reserves the right to award a prize of the same nature and of equivalent or greater value or, at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize mentioned in these Contest Rules.
20. By participating, each entrant agrees:
(a) to be bound by these Contest Rules and by the decisions of the Organizer;
(b) to permit the Organizer to use his/her name, photograph, image, likeness, declarations related to the prize or Contest, city of residence and/or voice for publicity purposes in any media, in any language, anywhere in the world, for an unlimited period of time, without any further compensation;
(c) if he/she is selected to win one of the Grand Prizes, to permit the Organizer to film and photograph him/her outside or inside a CENTURY 21 office accepting the prize from a CENTURY 21 representative, and to permit the Organizer to use said video footage and photographs for publicity purposes in any media, in any language, anywhere in the world, for an unlimited period of time, without any further compensation; and
(d) the selected entrant further agrees to sign and return to the Organizer a Declaration Form to this effect.
21. Any person who participates or attempts to participate in the Contest releases the Organizer, Rona Canada, Lowes, their affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives including advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this Contest from any and all liability and any injuries, loss, damages, claims of any kind resulting from or arising from participation in the Contest or acceptance, use or misuse of the prize. We are in no way liable if your agent does not enter you into the Contest before the end of the Contest Period, and we suggest that you remind or ask your agent if you have been entered into the Contest.
22. The Organizer does not in any way guarantee that a CENTURY 21 Agent, their office, or any electronic platform used to enter the Contest will be accessible without interruption during the advertised Contest Period.
23. The Organizer, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives including advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this Contest disclaim all liability for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof, any error or for late, lost, stolen, illegible communications between entrants and Organizer.
24. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the entrant will be deemed to be the person identified on the online entry sheet or the mailed entry.
25. The Organizer reserves the right, at its discretion, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec as applicable, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including for tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or any other cause beyond the control of Organizer which in the opinion of Organizer affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest. The Organizer, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives including advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers of prizes, materials or services related to this Contest cannot be held responsible to award more prizes than what is specified in these Contest Rules or award the prize otherwise than in compliance with these Contest Rules.
26. For Québec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
27. All decisions of the Organizer or those of its representatives regarding this Contest are final and binding, subject to any decision by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec in relation to matters under its jurisdiction.
28. Unless otherwise specified, all amounts mentioned in the Contest Rules are in Canadian Dollars.
29. No communication or correspondence related to this Contest shall be exchanged with entrants except as provided for in these Contest Rules or at the Organizer’s initiative.
30. If a section of the Contest Rules is declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent court, that section shall be considered invalid, but all unaffected sections will be applied within the limits of the law.
31. In case of any discrepancy between the French and English versions of these Contest Rules, the English version shall prevail.
32. This contest is managed by Century 21 Canada Limited Partnership. Rona Canada and Lowes, are in no way connected to the management of the Contest, and the Organizer is not an agent of Rona Canada or Lowes.
33. Please direct any questions, comments regarding the Contest to Century 21 Canada Limited Partnership, 1199 West Pender St., Suite 700, Vancouver BC, V6E 2R1.