The month of Halloween is upon us, and now is the time to start getting your haunted house ready for all the trick or treaters that will be out and about spookifying your block!
Here are some tips and tricks to get your house to be the spookiest in town!
- Make sure you light appropriately – While Halloween is usually about being dark, scary and frightful, it’s also important to ensure the little monsters on the hunt for candy can find your door. Ensure you have strategically placed lights so they can get to your door safe and sound. Plus, keep walkways clear and trip free! And keep your main lights on to show you are home and accepting trick or treaters!
- Keep it creepy – a use for your used (clean) toilet paper rolls! Cut out the shapes of eyes in the sides of the roll, grab some glow sticks, and put them in the bushes. This will look like hidden monsters in your foliage!
- Make sure your jack-o-lanterns are safe! Use LED battery powered lights instead of candles, this will keep you, your house and your visitors safe!
- Keep your pets indoors. You are going to be seeing more than normal traffic in your yard, so keep your pets calm by keeping them in doors.
- Alternatives to candy – if you want to provide something different, try going to the dollar store and grabbing some bulk toys. Kids like to have something to play with while eating all the other sugar they get that night, and the parent will probably thank you too! Just make sure they are age appropriate.
Have some great fun, throw some great parties, and begin the holiday season with a scary bang!